Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jo...@blum.com on 2012/08/31 07:05:41 UTC

Query during a query

Hi list,

I want to get distinct data from a single solr field when ever a search
query is started by an user.

How can I do this?

Regards,
Johannes

Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Query during a query

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
If you don't do what Chantal indicates, you allow your users to issue
requests like:

Followed by:

http://localhost:8983/solr/update?stream.body=<commit/>

Presto! You have an index with zero documents.....

Best
Erick

Posted by Chantal Ackermann <c....@it-agenten.com>.
Hi Johannes,

Posted by Jo...@blum.com.
The problem is, that I don't know how to do this. :P

My sequence: the user enters his search words. This is sent to solr. There
I need to make another query first to get metadata from the index. with
this metadata I have to connect to an external source to get some
information about the user. With this information and the first search
words I query then the solr index to get the search result.

I hope its clear now wheres my problem and what I want to do

Regards,
Johannes

Von:
"Jack Krupansky" <ja...@basetechnology.com>