Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Brent L Johnson <br...@bjohnson.net> on 2003/12/16 17:08:37 UTC

File Downloads and Caching

I'm using the following pipeline for downloadable files:

<map:pipeline type="noncaching">
  <map:match pattern="tools/downloads/*/*">
    <map:act type="header">
      <map:parameter name="Cache-Control" value="Pragma:no-cache" />
      <map:parameter name="mime-type" value="binary/octet-stream" />
    </map:act>
    <map:read type="resource" mime-type="binary/octet-stream"
src="resources/tools/{1}/{2}"/>
  </map:match>
</map:pipeline>

This works fine for Mozilla based browsers.  Using IE though, I
get an error like:

"Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site.
The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found.
Please try again."

If I set the pipeline type to "caching" instead of "noncaching"
it works fine in IE.  But even with caching I've noticed that the
FIRST time I request the file I get that error in IE.  I come right
back and click on the download link again it downloads fine.

With noncaching though.. error everytime.

Is there a known bug/issue with Cocoon and IE downloads?  Anyone know
how to get around this? (other than making sure I visit a new download
when its added for the first time)

Thanks,

- Brent