Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com> on 2002/02/22 15:40:22 UTC

[maven] update/todo

Hi,

The bootstrap process is working for Maven now. What does that mean? The
basic maven classes needed to generate a build system from a project
descriptor are compiled, then the build system is generated and the
generated build system is used to build all of Maven. Jeff helped clean
this up yesterday and it's working now. It could still use some cleaning
up so if anyone wants to try it out it would be interesting to get some
feedback.

Here's some very short term things I would like to do:

- Refactor importscrubber to make it a general dependency resolver using
bytecode. Tom your input here is crucial. What I would like to do is
take an existing body of source and generate the project descriptor for
it. I want to be able to quickly absorb the other Turbine projects into
the Maven process. I want to automate this as much as possible so that
iterations will be easy. I also want it to be easy for other projects to
use Maven, it should only take them a few minutes to try Maven.

- Get some docs on how to use the CVS ,v parser. Jaunco do you think you
could pop together a tiny howto? I would like to look at how to do
something like CruiseControl (cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net) using your
parser, Tim Endres CVS client library and a scheduler.

Pete and I are currently working on getting the documentation system
fully working and Geir is making a slight change to dvsl to allow for
embedded CDATA elements.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jvanzyl@apache.org

http://tambora.zenplex.org

RE: [maven] update/todo

Posted by Juancarlo A�ez <ju...@suigeneris.org>.
Jason,

> - Get some docs on how to use the CVS ,v parser. Jaunco do you think you
> could pop together a tiny howto? I would like to look at how to do
> something like CruiseControl (cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net) using your
> parser, Tim Endres CVS client library and a scheduler.

I can do that, but I need some time. Currently, the best way to learn how to use the library is to take a look at its test suite:

 src/test/org/apache/maven/jrcs/rcs/ArchiveTest.java

Juanco
--
Juancarlo Añez
mailto:juanca@suigeneris.org