Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by aharsola <am...@wipro.com> on 2007/03/23 06:05:11 UTC

Please help - Using ServiceMix Client

Hi,

I am using ServiceMix 3.0.1

First,

As I understand, to acess JBI components deployed to a ServiceMix container
from outside the container, ServiceMix provide two options

a) DefaultServiceMixClient : Caller and ServiceMix are in the same JVM
b) RemoteServiceMixClient : Caller and ServiceMix are in different JVM

As I understand from code, both clients start ServiceMix in a embedded mode
with its message broker pointing to the broker of the parent ServiceMix
container. Is this always the case? Why client has to start the servicemix
container when there is already a container running?

Second,

If I have to embedd ServiceMix inside a web application, what needs to be
done? How can I install components and deploy service units to the embedded
servicemix container?

The servicemix-web  (3.0.1) example looks like does not support standard JBI
deployment.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Amit

Re: Please help - Using ServiceMix Client

Posted by aharsola <am...@wipro.com>.
 Thanks for help.

>>(the hot deploy service is disabled
>>iirc, but you could enable it).
How to enable hot deployment?

What I see in the applicationContext.xml of servicemix-web, is some sample
components are described along with container information. So what you are
saying is that once the servicemix container is started, I can install
components and deploy service units to it. Right? ServiceMix 3.0.1 supports
such deployment?

Regards,
Amit

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
On 3/23/07, aharsola <am...@wipro.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using ServiceMix 3.0.1
>

> First,
>
> As I understand, to acess JBI components deployed to a ServiceMix
> container
> from outside the container, ServiceMix provide two options
>
> a) DefaultServiceMixClient : Caller and ServiceMix are in the same JVM
> b) RemoteServiceMixClient : Caller and ServiceMix are in different JVM
>
> As I understand from code, both clients start ServiceMix in a embedded
> mode
> with its message broker pointing to the broker of the parent ServiceMix
> container. Is this always the case? Why client has to start the servicemix
> container when there is already a container running?

The DefaultServicMixClient reuses an existing JBI container that you have to
supply.  The RemoteServiceMixClient  uses clustering and  thus starts its
own embedded container, but it should start with a minimal configuration.

Second,

> If I have to embedd ServiceMix inside a web application, what needs to be
> done? How can I install components and deploy service units to the
> embedded
> servicemix container?
>
> The servicemix-web  (3.0.1) example looks like does not support standard
> JBI
> deployment.

Take a look at the apache-servicemix-web distribution, which is a web
application
embedding a ServiceMix container which fully supports JBI deployment.
The war is available on the download page.

Though the servicemix-web has not been designed for that, it should already
support JBI deployment using ant tasks (the hot deploy service is disabled
iirc, but you could enable it).

Any ideas?

> Regards,
> Amit