Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org> on 2008/12/22 18:45:36 UTC

False success with maven-release-plugin?

I'm afraid I don't have a test case in-hand at this time, but I wanted
to ask the community.  Is there a known problem with
maven-release-plugin reporting a false successful build?  I didn't see
anything that seemed to indicate that in JIRA.  My team has noticed a
couple of events in which we had such things happen.  I *think* it
occurs in the release:perform phase - if the file fails to deploy to our
Nexus repository, we still see the final outcome of the Maven call as
successful.  We'll try to keep an eye out for it and hopefully create a
test case, but if anyone knows of something like this I'd really
appreciate a knowledge dump.

Thanks,
Dave

Re: False success with maven-release-plugin?

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org>.
Thanks, Brett! As it turns out, the place we were seeing this happened
to be with Maven 2.0.7 on a Windows machine. We've upgraded it just
today. So, we'll keep an eye out on our next release.

Dave

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.