Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by anushri kumar <an...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/31 18:36:35 UTC

Indexing dates

Hi,

I was trying to index dates. I wrote

Document doc = new Document();
doc.add(Field.Keyword("indexdate",new Date() ));

but while running the program it gave me the following error.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.lucene.docume
nt.Field.Keyword(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/util/Date;)Lorg/apache/lucene/document/
Field;
at lia.handlingtypes.msdoc.TextMiningWordDocHandler.getDocument(TextMini
ngWordDocHandler.java:40)
at lia.handlingtypes.framework.ExtensionFileHandler.getDocument(Extensio
nFileHandler.java:41)
at lia.handlingtypes.framework.FileIndexer.index(FileIndexer.java:43)
at lia.handlingtypes.framework.FileIndexer.index(FileIndexer.java:36)
at lia.handlingtypes.framework.FileIndexer.index(FileIndexer.java:36)
at lia.handlingtypes.framework.FileIndexer.main(FileIndexer.java:77)

Is there something I'm missing ?

Thanks a lot ,
Anu

---------------------------------

Re: Indexing dates

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Looks like another strange classpath issue.   There most certainly is
a method with that signature:

$ javap -classpath lucene-1.4.3.jar org.apache.lucene.document.Field
Compiled from "Field.java"
public final class org.apache.lucene.document.Field extends
java.lang.Object implements java.io.Serializable{
     public void setBoost(float);
     public float getBoost();
     public static final org.apache.lucene.document.Field Keyword
(java.lang.String, java.lang.String);
     public static final org.apache.lucene.document.Field UnIndexed
(java.lang.String, java.lang.String);
     public static final org.apache.lucene.document.Field Text
(java.lang.String, java.lang.String);
     public static final org.apache.lucene.document.Field Keyword
(java.lang.String, java.util.Date);  <<<<<<<<<
     public static final org.apache.lucene.document.Field Text
(java.lang.String, java.lang.String, boolean);
     public static final org.apache.lucene.document.Field UnStored
(java.lang.String, java.lang.String);
     public static final org.apache.lucene.document.Field UnStored
(java.lang.String, java.lang.String, boolean);
     public static final org.apache.lucene.document.Field Text
(java.lang.String, java.io.Reader);
     public static final org.apache.lucene.document.Field Text
(java.lang.String, java.io.Reader, boolean);
     public java.lang.String name();
     public java.lang.String stringValue();
     public java.io.Reader readerValue();
     public org.apache.lucene.document.Field(java.lang.String,
java.lang.String, boolean, boolean, boolean);
     public org.apache.lucene.document.Field(java.lang.String,
java.lang.String, boolean, boolean, boolean, boolean);
     org.apache.lucene.document.Field(java.lang.String, java.io.Reader);
     public final boolean isStored();
     public final boolean isIndexed();
     public final boolean isTokenized();
     public final boolean isTermVectorStored();
     public final java.lang.String toString();
}