Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Dean Jones <de...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/12 16:09:17 UTC

ChainMapper/ChainReducer without using deprecated classes?

Hello folks,

I'm looking at using ChainMapper and ChainReducer. Is there any way of
using these classes without using the deprecated parts of the Hadoop
API (e.g. JobConf, mapred.Mapper, etc)? We've recently moved our
application away from those deprecated classes, but we now have a
requirement which would benefit from being able to use ChainMapper and
ChainReducer; we don't want to go back to using the deprecated API, so
is there any other way we can use them? Or maybe there are new
versions of ChainMapper and ChainReducer which I've overlooked? Thanks
for any help.

Best wishes,

Dean.

Re: ChainMapper/ChainReducer without using deprecated classes?