Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Miller, Melanie E" <me...@lmco.com> on 2003/11/10 18:43:33 UTC

[users@httpd] Question on file locking using Apache.

I have a question on if there is anything available in Apache
that can file lock a file until it is finished uploading.

We are loading up files and before we send them we want to
make sure they are complete before uploading.

Is there anything available or has anyone had this problem before?

Please send help.
Thanks,
Melanie.

Re: [users@httpd] Question on file locking using Apache.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Miller, Melanie E wrote:

> I have a question on if there is anything available in Apache
> that can file lock a file until it is finished uploading.

Not really.  This is more a function of the OS and whatever tool you are
using to upload, rather than apache.  You could, for example, upload to a
file name that is restricted by apache, and then "mv" to the new filename
after the upload is complete.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Question on file locking using Apache.

Posted by Jonas Eckerman <jo...@frukt.org>.
On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 12:43:33 -0500, Miller, Melanie E wrote:

> I have a question on if there is anything available in Apache
> that can file lock a file until it is finished uploading.

Doesn't whatever you have that receives the file keep it open until
it's finished? If it is opened, then you can treat that fact as a
lock. But this is more a platform specific programming thing than an
Apache thing.

Regards
/Jonas
--