Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by su...@qq.com on 2015/04/08 12:35:05 UTC

Is DRF unreasonable in scenarios with multiple frameworks registered at the same time?

Suppose I registered two frameworks namely marathon and chronos(both in role *) one after another, successfully deployed  and run one app app1 by marathon, also deployed one cron app app2 by chronos, before app2 due or after app2 finished, I can't deploy and launch any new app by marathon although there are many resources left, because mesos will send offer to chronos all the time as share of chronos is smaller according to DRF, so is DRF unreasonable and is there any advice on how to allocate resources in this scenario?  Any suggestipn will be appreciate.
Best regards!

Re: Is DRF unreasonable in scenarios with multiple frameworks registered at the same time?

Posted by Elizabeth Lingg <el...@mesosphere.io>.
Correct, the issue we were seeing is that Chronos would decline the offer,
but Chronos would keep getting it back instead of it being offered to
Marathon. We were reproducing this issue on a cluster with a single
master/slave, which is a bit of an anti-pattern. I'm not sure if anyone was
able to reproduce this with the latest version of Mesos.

-Elizabeth

Posted by David Greenberg <ds...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Elizabeth Lingg <el...@mesosphere.io>.
Hi,