Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Konstantinos Dimkas <ks...@csd.auth.gr> on 2015/05/15 12:34:51 UTC

Remote test execution

Hi all,

I am trying to run a test remotely and i am getting the following error:

I am running the client on a mac, an the meter server on an ubuntu server. When i used windows client the whole framework hang.
I run the ./jmeter-server at the ubuntu server and the server is listening at a specified port, and then i get the error above. I followed the instruction in the pdf at
jmeter.org <http://jmeter.org/> that describe how to configure the master and slave machine, but nothing works.

Any ideas why?

thanks in advance,
Konstantinos Dimkas

Re: Remote test execution

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Looks to me more like a problem with the Java installation

"no security manager: RMI classloader disabled"

Try Googling for that.

Re: Remote test execution

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
Gather Digital apps use a connection with SSL authentification between
the client app and the server. You must have the ssl client key file
(.p12 generally) and import into JMeter to allow the authentication
between JMeter and the server when the proxy is in action.
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#SSL_Manager

The other app (esri events) has a bad signature and my android refuse to
install the app.

Follow the Bob's advice, ask to the developers a non ssl version or the
SSL keyfile for auth and some docs.

On 17/05/2015 07:42, Bob wrote:
> Pravesh, hope JMeter is not used for man-in-the-middle attack. As I
> replied before you can always ask developers to provide non-encrypted
> version and API documentation.
>
> On 17/05/15 09:14, Pravesh Prajapati wrote:
>> Hi Sir,
>> I tried the same thing but finding issues.
>> Can you please for the app (Gather digital & esri events).
>> You will find on the playstore.
>> Just search the name as mentioned above.
>> Sir, please reply.
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 12:04 AM, Milamber <mi...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Works with the Linkedin Apps (for example) with HTTPS request.
>>>
>>> 1/ Start JMeter (fresh install)
>>> 2/ Create a sample test plan with the template "Recording"
>>> 3/ Under the WorkBench, choose the HTTP(S) Test Script Recorder
>>> element,
>>> and click on the "Start" button (botton)
>>> JMeter will create a new dynamic KeyStore (bin/proxyserver.jks) and
>>> export
>>> the Root CA public key (bin/ApacheJMeterTemporaryRootCA.crt file)
>>>
>>> 4/ Go to JMETER_HOME/bin, and copy the ApacheJMeterTemporaryRootCA.crt
>>> file to a sdcard (or another way)
>>> 5/ Put the sdcard on your tablet/phone
>>>
>>> 6/ on your tablet/phone, use a file manager (I use the CM File Manager
>>> from Cheetah Mobile on Play Store), go to the sdcard, click on

Re: Remote test execution

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
As already noted:

Looks to me more like a problem with the Java installation

"no security manager: RMI classloader disabled"

Try Googling for that error message.

Re: Remote test execution

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 19 May 2015 at 13:48, Pravesh Prajapati <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sir,
>
> Can you please provide me solution regarding to master slave architecture.

Please start a new thread - with an appropriate new subject - for EACH
new question.

Re: Remote test execution

Posted by Pravesh Prajapati <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sir,

Can you please provide me solution regarding to master slave architecture.

Say for eg:-

I have one master machine & three slave machine.

I have distributed load on these three slave machines are as follows.

1000 vu on slave first, 2000 vu on slave 2nd & 2500 vu on slave 3rd.

Now can I have a consolidate report for 5500 VU  form Master machine.

OR Is there is any mechanism from where we can consolidate the report for
these distributed users into Jmeter.

Sir, one more question.

What is the minimum hardware configuration required for running 1000 vu on
Slave machine.

Please reply.

Thanks in Advance.

Pravesh prajapati.
Mob:-9702600170

Re: Remote test execution

Posted by Konstantinos Dimkas <ks...@csd.auth.gr>.
Regarding the first issue of the topic, could it be something else except the firewall?
Should i focus on the firewall settings in more detail?

thanks in advance
> On May 17, 2015, at 9:01 PM, Pravesh Prajapati <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Sir,
> How can we import that certificate into jmeter.
> Please provide me the steps.
>
> Please help, need very urgently.
>
> Regards,
> Pravesh Prajapati.
>
> On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 2:31 PM, Pravesh Prajapati <
> prajapati.pravesh@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi sir,
>>
>> With reference to this mail..
>>
>> Gather Digital apps use a connection with SSL authentification between the
>> client app and the server. You must have the ssl client key file (.p12
>> generally) and import into JMeter to allow the authentication between
>> JMeter and the server when the proxy is in action.
>> http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#SSL_Manager
>>
>> The other app (esri events) has a bad signature and my android refuse to
>> install the app.
>>
>> Follow the Bob's advice, ask to the developers a non ssl version or the
>> SSL keyfile for auth and some docs.
>>
>> Sir.
>> If I demand a .p12 file (client key) from developer, then where I have to
>> place it.
>> Should I place it to bin folder of Jmeter, where it own certificate
>> already exist.
>> Will it create conflict if I have 2 certificate in the same folder.
>>
>> Sir,
>> If I kept that file into bin folder of jmeter, that mean I dont have to
>> install that certificate into mobile?
>> Is I am right please suggest?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Pravesh Prajapati
>>
>> On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 2:07 PM, Bob <b....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Good, then do this:
>>>
>>> 1. Use preferred steps from this answer
>>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9555403/capturing-mobile-phone-traffic-on-wireshark
>>> to capture traffic with Wireshark. If you have problems with capturing SSL
>>> traffic it's better to ask here: https://ask.wireshark.org/
>>> 2. After you get pcap file, you can convert pcap to jmx on this page
>>> http://converter.blazemeter.com/
>>> 3. PROFIT!!!

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Pravesh prajapati.
>> Mob:-9702600170
>>

> --
> Regards,
> Pravesh prajapati.
> Mob:-9702600170

Konstantinos Dimkas

Re: Remote test execution

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 17 May 2015 at 19:01, Pravesh Prajapati <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sir,
> How can we import that certificate into jmeter.
Use a new thread (with relevant new subject) for each new question

Re: Remote test execution

Posted by Pravesh Prajapati <pr...@gmail.com>.
Sir,
How can we import that certificate into jmeter.
Please provide me the steps.

Please help, need very urgently.

Regards,
Pravesh Prajapati.

On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 2:31 PM, Pravesh Prajapati <
prajapati.pravesh@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi sir,
>
> With reference to this mail..
>
> Gather Digital apps use a connection with SSL authentification between the
> client app and the server. You must have the ssl client key file (.p12
> generally) and import into JMeter to allow the authentication between
> JMeter and the server when the proxy is in action.
> http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#SSL_Manager
>
> The other app (esri events) has a bad signature and my android refuse to
> install the app.
>
> Follow the Bob's advice, ask to the developers a non ssl version or the
> SSL keyfile for auth and some docs.
>
> Sir.
> If I demand a .p12 file (client key) from developer, then where I have to
> place it.
> Should I place it to bin folder of Jmeter, where it own certificate
> already exist.
> Will it create conflict if I have 2 certificate in the same folder.
>
> Sir,
> If I kept that file into bin folder of jmeter, that mean I dont have to
> install that certificate into mobile?
> Is I am right please suggest?
>
> Regards,
> Pravesh Prajapati
>
> On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 2:07 PM, Bob <b....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Good, then do this:
>>
>> 1. Use preferred steps from this answer
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9555403/capturing-mobile-phone-traffic-on-wireshark
>> to capture traffic with Wireshark. If you have problems with capturing SSL
>> traffic it's better to ask here: https://ask.wireshark.org/
>> 2. After you get pcap file, you can convert pcap to jmx on this page
>> http://converter.blazemeter.com/
>> 3. PROFIT!!!
>>

>> On 17/05/15 13:25, Pravesh Prajapati wrote:
>>
>>> Sir I want to capture the scripts then execute a load on the same
>>> But I am not able to capture the scripts only for native device
>>> application.
>>>
>>> On Sunday, May 17, 2015, Bob <b....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Pravesh, hope JMeter is not used for man-in-the-middle attack. As I

> Regards,
> Pravesh prajapati.
> Mob:-9702600170

Pravesh prajapati.
Mob:-9702600170

Re: Remote test execution

Posted by Pravesh Prajapati <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi sir,

With reference to this mail..

Re: Remote test execution

Posted by Bob <b....@gmail.com>.
Good, then do this:

Re: Remote test execution

Posted by Pravesh Prajapati <pr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Remote test execution

Posted by Bob <b....@gmail.com>.

Re: Remote test execution

Posted by Pravesh Prajapati <pr...@gmail.com>.
Sir,
In below reference
,
Download the certificate files ('root.crt' and 'class3.crt') onto the
internal flash storage (the '/sdcard' or any subfolder). Browse to this
folder with the file manager and open 'root.crt'. Although there might not
be an icon for certificates and the files will have a '?'-icon, files will
be opened with the certificate manager, asking you for a name to describe
the to-be-imported certificate. If it is the first user certificate you
install, the Android Security Model forces you to use a lock-screen to
unlock your device (see "CAcert system trusted certificates" if you really
need to avoid this) *Repeat with the 'class3.crt' fil*e. Check if both
certificate files are installed correctly, Settings -> Security ->
Certificates -> 'User'-section should now list the certificates you have
just installed.

>From where to get class3.crt file.
& from where I can get file manger.

Please help.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Pravesh.

On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 9:44 AM, Pravesh Prajapati <

Pravesh prajapati.
Mob:-9702600170

Re: Remote test execution

Posted by Pravesh Prajapati <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sir,
> [...]

>> But I want to record the traffic of native hydride apps deployed on
>> devices
>> which uses https for its communication.
>>
>> Please hep stucked badly.
>> Thanks in advance.

>>> It's possible to use a proxy with a WLAN connection on Android (for
>>> browsers and some apps)
>>> When your are connect on your wifi acces, return on Settings, Wifi, long
>>> press on your Wifi connection name, Modify, Display advanced settings,
>>> add proxy settings (the jmeter machine on same network - ip and port of
>>> jmeter recorder)
>>>
>>> Works on my android tablet (Android 4.2.2) with firefox (for https need
>>> to accept an exception) and for some apps (only in http).
>>>
>>> Milamber
>>>

>>>  If you just want to record the traffic, you would be better off using

Pravesh prajapati.
Mob:-9702600170

Re: Remote test execution

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.

Re: Remote test execution

Posted by Pravesh Prajapati <pr...@gmail.com>.
Yes sir,
I am too able to capture traffic with the help of browser in devices.
But I want to record the traffic of native hydride apps deployed on devices
which uses https for its communication.

Please hep stucked badly.
Thanks in advance.

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 8:36 PM, Milamber <mi...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 16/05/2015 14:51, sebb wrote:
> > The JMeter recorder (proxy) is intended for capturing local (i.e. same
> > host) browser traffic in order to test a remote server.
> >
> > This requires that the browser can be configured to use a local proxy
> > (i.e. JMeter's recorder).
> > AFAIK, this cannot be done for most (any?) Android browsers or apps.
>
> It's possible to use a proxy with a WLAN connection on Android (for
> browsers and some apps)
> When your are connect on your wifi acces, return on Settings, Wifi, long
> press on your Wifi connection name, Modify, Display advanced settings,
> add proxy settings (the jmeter machine on same network - ip and port of
> jmeter recorder)
>
> Works on my android tablet (Android 4.2.2) with firefox (for https need
> to accept an exception) and for some apps (only in http).
>
> Milamber
>

> > If you just want to record the traffic, you would be better off using
> > something like NoRoot Data Firewall which can record the traffic in a
> > pcap file.
> >
> > You'll probably have to copy the pcap file(s) to another host in order
> > to analyse them.
> >

> > On 16 May 2015 at 13:19, Pravesh Prajapati <pr...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> Sir,
> >> 1.I have installed jmeter root certificate into android device.
> >> 2.Configure proxy.
> >> 3.Downloaded gather digital app from the play store.
> >> 4.Trying to capture the traffic but not able to capture it.
> >>
> >> Please help.
> >> Thanks in advance.

> into
> installed

> usually

> devices.
> scripts

> no
> openssl

> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >> Pravesh prajapati.
> >> Mob:-9702600170

Pravesh prajapati.
Mob:-9702600170

Re: Remote test execution

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.

Re: Remote test execution

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Remote test execution

Posted by Pravesh Prajapati <pr...@gmail.com>.
Sir,
1.I have installed jmeter root certificate into android device.
2.Configure proxy.
3.Downloaded gather digital app from the play store.
4.Trying to capture the traffic but not able to capture it.

Please help.
Thanks in advance.

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 4:52 PM, Pravesh Prajapati <
prajapati.pravesh@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi sir,
> How can I install the jmeter ApacheJMeterTemporaryRootCA certificate into
> iphone or android device.
> Will this solve my problem.
> I am not able to capture the traffic of that app.
> OR is there is any mechanism of Any certificate required to be installed
> for capturing the traffic.
> Please help at the earliest.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 1:43 PM, Bob <b....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Pravesh,
>>
>> Ask developers to provide App version which works with staging, usually
>> for staging environment used non-encrypted connection.
>>

>> On 16/05/15 10:25, Pravesh Prajapati wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Sir,
>>> I want help please help me.
>>> I want to record the script of native apps on Android & iphone devices.
>>> But application is secure.
>>> Can you please suggest me the mechanism so that I can record the scripts
>>> of
>>> there native apps.
>>> I have done all configuration setting in jmeter & mobile device, but
>>> still
>>> not able to record the scripts of the secure native app.
>>> Please help.
>>> Thanks in advance.

> Regards,
> Pravesh prajapati.
> Mob:-9702600170

Pravesh prajapati.
Mob:-9702600170

Re: Remote test execution

Posted by Pravesh Prajapati <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi sir,

Re: Remote test execution

Posted by Bob <b....@gmail.com>.
Hi Pravesh,

Re: Remote test execution

Posted by Pravesh Prajapati <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sir,

Re: Remote test execution

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Remote test execution

Posted by Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Remote test execution

Posted by Konstantinos Dimkas <ks...@csd.auth.gr>.
I also tried turning off the master’s firewall, but nothing changed.

> On May 15, 2015, at 2:23 PM, Konstantinos Dimkas <ks...@csd.auth.gr> wrote:
>
> Thanks for your quick response,
>
> Mac has very similar behaviour to ubuntu. I checked the slave server for any firewall restrictions, but i did not find any rules.
> Should i check the master machine?
>
>> On May 15, 2015, at 2:09 PM, Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Konstantinos,
>>
>>   can't say for sure in Mac ('cause I don't have one), but in Windows I
>> experienced the same hang-thing and solved it adding rules in windows
>> firewall for JMeter and RMI ports used.
>>
>> Hope it helps.
>
> Konstantinos Dimkas

Konstantinos Dimkas

Re: Remote test execution

Posted by Konstantinos Dimkas <ks...@csd.auth.gr>.
Thanks for your quick response,

Mac has very similar behaviour to ubuntu. I checked the slave server for any firewall restrictions, but i did not find any rules.
Should i check the master machine?

> On May 15, 2015, at 2:09 PM, Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Konstantinos,
>
>    can't say for sure in Mac ('cause I don't have one), but in Windows I
> experienced the same hang-thing and solved it adding rules in windows
> firewall for JMeter and RMI ports used.
>
> Hope it helps.

Konstantinos Dimkas

Re: Remote test execution