Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Neil Stirton <ne...@stirton.com> on 2001/10/24 00:16:46 UTC

SOAP 2.2 and Tomcat 4.0 installation problem

Sorry to bother everyone, but I've scoured the web looking for
documentation on setting up the latest SOAP (2.2) and Tomcat 4.0
(Catalina) together.

I have most of it working except some problems when trying java.
I have downgraded from Java 1.4 back to Java 1.3.1 as I thought
this maybe the problem, but now I don't think it is.

I believe Tomcat 4 uses a different method of loading class files
and that it might be this that is causing the problems.

When I try the command :
java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient \
     http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter list

I just get the good old NoFuncDef error in Main

Can anyone please offer me some advice on how to set this up properly

Thanks very much
Neil (Who desparately needs this for his final year honours project)
:)

Re: SOAP 2.2 and Tomcat 4.0 installation problem

Posted by Ong Boon Pang <on...@coleridge.com.sg>.
Hi Neil,

I wrote a detail step by step instruction in this mail list.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=soap-user&m=100199111401559&w=2

Hope this help.

Boon Pang

Posted by Duan <dz...@necas.nec.co.jp>.
Hello:

    If you are installing the soap in Linux, you should
confirm your Java version with the command "java -version".
maybe you are using the old java version which is installed
with Linux.

   Good Luck!

	Duan

Posted by Ong Boon Pang <on...@coleridge.com.sg>.