Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by pa7751 <pa...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/09 13:49:53 UTC

Message Integrity

Hi

I have a queue in ActiveMQ messagings server. There are two listeners(on
different machines), that are listening to the same queue. This is done for
faster processing of the messages in the queue. Will ActiveMQ ensure that
the same message is not received by both? Also will it ensure that both
listeners do not seek the same message from the queue?

Thanks

Re: Message Integrity

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
You can do that - but each consumer (MessageListener) needs to be
created from a different javax.jms.Session
On 9 Sep 2009, at 14:03, pa7751 wrote:

> Hi
>
> Thanks for the information. As suggested by you, ActiveMQ will
> ensure that
> the same message does not gets picked up by both the consumers. But
> can we
> have more than one listeners to the queue like listener1 processes
> message1
> and listener2 processes message2 at the same time. This will improve
> performance. Is this possible with ActiveMQ?
>
> Sorry if this is a dumb question coz I am new to queuing
>
> Thanks
>

> James.Strachan wrote:
>>
>> 2009/9/9 pa7751 <pa...@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I have a queue in ActiveMQ messagings server. There are two
>>> listeners(on
>>> different machines), that are listening to the same queue. This is
>>> done
>>> for
>>> faster processing of the messages in the queue. Will ActiveMQ
>>> ensure that
>>> the same message is not received by both?
>>
>> Yes, ActiveMQ's queues act as a load balancer of messages across
>> consumers.
>>

>>> Also will it ensure that both
>>> listeners do not seek the same message from the queue?
>>
>> Yes
>>
>> See
>> http://activemq.apache.org/how-does-a-queue-compare-to-a-topic.html
>>
>> --