Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by Renan DelValle <re...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/18 17:44:51 UTC

Volunteers needed

All,

We are in dire need of folks who would be willing to commit time to review
patches and submit patches to maintain the project. Small things like
submitting a patch to upgrade our Mesos dependency (or any other dependency
really) go a long way towards keeping the project up to date.

Unfortunately, many of the members of the Aurora Project Management
Committee (PMC) have either moved on from the project or are not in a
position to dedicate time to the project.

I brought up the topic of PMC inactivity on September 5th to the PMC. Until
today I've only heard from two other PMC members about this topic
privately. That is the current situation the project is currently in.

This means there is a very real chance that if we don't get volunteers, the
project will fall behind and, ultimately, become unmaintained.

Therefore if you use this project and would like to see its development
continue, please consider helping us maintain it by submitting patches or
code reviews.

Thanks

-Renan

Re: Volunteers needed

Posted by Renan DelValle <re...@apache.org>.
Thanks for volunteering to review code folks!

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 3:07 PM Stephan Erb <se...@apache.org> wrote:

> Same for me, I will try to keep up with code reviews as good as I can.
> Should we consider posting RB links and Github PRs to the mailinglist if
> they failto attract reviews within 2 days? This acts as a reminder for the
> assigned reviewers andwill attract the urgently needed additional reviewers.

I think that would be a good idea. On top of that I think we should move
from requiring two ship its to, one ship it + lazy consensus. That is, if a
review gets at 1 ship it, it automatically becomes lazy consensus and can
be merged within 3 days after the positive review (and all integration
tests passing). Two ship its would still mean immediate merge.

-Renan

Best regards,Stephan

Re: Volunteers needed

Posted by Stephan Erb <se...@apache.org>.