Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by da...@chaosreigns.com on 2011/06/29 22:14:09 UTC

Debian packaging of 3.3.2 Re: SEM rules pushed into production again

On 06/28, darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> On 06/28, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> > my vote on the matter.  A brand new morning in my timezone and
> > 1140483 appears to have resolved the issue and been published.  All
>
> $ host -ttxt  1.3.3.updates.spamassassin.org.
> 1.3.3.updates.spamassassin.org descriptive text "1140054"
>
> Is that expected DNS propagation delay?

I verified that 3.3.1 is now getting rules without SEM.  Is a new tarball
going to be uploaded to http://spamassassin.apache.org/downloads.cgi for
use with 3.3.2?

Should the Debian maintainer use the tarball currently on the downloads
page (Mail-SpamAssassin-rules-3.3.2-r1104058.tar.gz) or the latest tarball
(1140482)?

--
"I would believe only in a God that knows how to Dance." - Nietzsche
http://www.ChaosReigns.com

Re: Debian packaging of 3.3.2 Re: SEM rules pushed into production again

Posted by Quanah Gibson-Mount <qu...@zimbra.com>.
--On Wednesday, June 29, 2011 4:58 PM -0400 darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:

> Noah, SpamAssassin version 3.3.2 is ready for Debian packaging.
>
> Except that the rules tarball on the downloads page at the moment should
> not be used.
>
> Bad:  Mail-SpamAssassin-rules-3.3.2-r1104058.tar.gz
> Good:  http://sa-update.pccc.com/1140482.tar.gz

I would note that the bad tarball is *still* the tarball on the main
download page for SA.  Shouldn't this be fixed by now?

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Sr. Member of Technical Staff

Re: Debian packaging of 3.3.2 Re: SEM rules pushed into production again

Posted by da...@chaosreigns.com.

--
"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries of life disappear and
life stands explained." - Mark Twain

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.