Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Alan Mehio <al...@googlemail.com> on 2012/10/29 15:10:16 UTC

Apache James 3.0 Beta 4 does not start on java 7 due to JAXB binding exception in apache camel core

INFO  15:02:28,783 |
org.apache.james.container.spring.context.JamesServerApplicationContext |
Refreshing org.apache.james.container.spring.context.JamesServerApplic
ationContext@54031f94: startup date [Mon Oct 29 15:02:28 CET 2012]; root of
context hierarchy
Exception in thread "main"
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Failed to
create the JAXB binder; nested exception is javax.xml.bind.JAXBE
xception: Provider com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.ContextFactory could not be
instantiated:
com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.IllegalAnnotationsException: 1 counts
of IllegalAnnotationExceptions
Class has two properties of the same name "outputs"
        this problem is related to the following location:
                at public java.util.List
org.apache.camel.model.ResequenceDefinition.getOutputs()
                at org.apache.camel.model.ResequenceDefinition
        this problem is related to the following location:
                at private java.util.List
org.apache.camel.model.ResequenceDefinition.outputs
                at org.apache.camel.model.ResequenceDefinition

Upgrading  apache camel-core to latest version does not sort the problem
but create different problem
the java version which is causing the issue is
java version "1.7.0_06"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.2-b09, mixed mode)

Any idea why? and have somebody encountered this issue

Thanks
Alan Mehio

Re: Apache James 3.0 Beta 4 does not start on java 7 due to JAXB binding exception in apache camel core

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.

On 31/10/2012 11:38, Alan Mehio wrote:
> Eric,
> Many thanks for your reply. I have read the Jira below and I will upgrade
> to  3.0-beta5<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMESAPP/fixforversion/12321143>
>
> and try again.  I did made changes to the pom file and made a debug attempt
> from eclipse but I may have missed some points. I will try with the latest
> version 3.0-beta5 and  with the  java 7 as below:
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.2-b09, mixed mode)
> In case a  problem, I will upgrade the java JDK to the latest and try again.
>
> Please notice,I will open the Jira in case there is an issue related to
> JAXB.

+1

Posted by Alan Mehio <al...@googlemail.com>.
Eric,

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi Thomas,

Trunk is working with JDK7
(see comment on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-1450 -
reopen it if it doesn't work for you with latest jdk7).

Thx, Eric

Posted by Thomas Meyer <th...@m3y3r.de>.