Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Ron Gavlin <rg...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/05 16:09:51 UTC

Re: DataObjectImpl.setEClass(EClass) throws UnsupportedOperationException()

Greetings,

In order to support mixed static/dynamic models, I made changes to SDOXSDEcoreBuilder as well as the changes listed in my previous message. I'm investigating whether I can contribute these back to the community. I'll let you know when I have more information. The changes made to SDOXSDEcoreBuilder could just as easily have been applied to EMF's EcoreBuilder. I think EMF itself would probably benefit from this mixed-model support.

Do you have any thoughts about modifying the code generator to support this new base class? Also any thoughts about offering the ability to INDIVIDUALLY flag/annotate specific schema types as "extensible" to enable code-generation optimizations?

- Ron

Posted by Frank Budinsky <fr...@ca.ibm.com>.
That's probably a good idea. Making flexibility the default and optimal
performance an option is probably the best approach.

Frank.

Posted by Ron Gavlin <rg...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Frank Budinsky <fr...@ca.ibm.com>.