Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/06 09:11:23 UTC

Mixing MX with Basic components

Hi,

Does anyone mix mx with basic compnents ?

<mx:Container width="200" height="300">
    <js:Group>
    </js:Group>
</mx:Container>

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: Mixing MX with Basic components

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Hi Piotr,

I would not expect that to work.  I think MX containers expect children to be IUIComponent and a bunch of other interfaces.

There might be places where it would work (as an ItemRenderer maybe).  And also, many beads in MX are thin wrappers around Basic beads (mostly to implement the interface), so it is sometimes possible to create an MX component subclass that grabs its beads from Basic.  After all, most Royale top-level components are just thin shells acting as strands for their beads.

HTH,
-Alex