Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by gauravchopra <ga...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/10 11:07:58 UTC

Updating a Field on event in Tapestry5

Hi

I am new to Tapestry, I am using Tapestry 5.2.2 version. I have a
requirement to update another textfield on blur event of a field.
for example:
say I have 2 fields
TextField A
TextField B
Enter any value in TextField A, a server call will be made and update the
Textfield B.

Appreciate any help!

Re: Updating a Field on event in Tapestry5

Posted by LLTYK <LL...@mailinator.com>.
Define "update another textfield". Are you putting some result from the
server in it?

Read up ZoneUpdater:
http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/examples/javascript/ajaxonevent

Although it's annoyingly tricky to refresh form fields. The example
refreshes some plain text.

Re: Updating a Field on event in Tapestry5

Posted by gauravchopra <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your help Josh!!

I have used the OnEvent component of chenillekit and implemented the same.

Re: Updating a Field on event in Tapestry5

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@gmail.com>.
> I am new to Tapestry, I am using Tapestry 5.2.2 version. I have a
> requirement to update another textfield on blur event of a field.

Generally I would write a bit of javascript that watches for the blur
event and move the data over.

> Enter any value in TextField A, a server call will be made and update the
> Textfield B.

In the case that you need to get back data from the server there isn't
a component in Tapestry core that will do this but you can check out
http://www.chenillekit.org/chenillekit-tapestry/ref/org/chenillekit/tapestry/core/mixins/OnEvent.html

Josh