Posted to user@click.apache.org by "Hans C. Poo" <ha...@welinux.cl> on 2011/09/14 15:49:04 UTC

Recomended performance parameters

Hi,

I'm running a click 2.2 application in a dedicated machine with 32GB RAM and 4 dual core processors, running in Tomcat 6.
I would like to hear some concrete advices to exploit at maximum the machine, with respect to:

- Cayenne object cache (default 10000)
- JVM parameters, Xmx, Xms, Xmn, etc.
- Cayenne cache management
- Other parameters

We have a separate database server machine with postgreSQL, already tunned with pgtune.

The mode in click.xml is in production of course.

I know that this can generate a lot of debate, but i just like to know what may be feasible for this installation.

Thanks
Hans

Re: Recomended performance parameters

Posted by "Hans C. Poo" <ha...@welinux.cl>.
Malcomo,

Thanks for your advice, i'll start pushing load with jmeter and monitor machine at OS level (vmstat 3 running during load) and monitor VM with visualvm or start VM with gc monitoring.

Bye
Hans

Hans Poo, Welinux S.A.
Bombero Ossa #1010, oficina 800,