Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by PRABU <pr...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/23 05:56:34 UTC

JAX-ws package refereed for CXF client

Hi Team,

   I am new to CXF.I am trying to create CXF client using eclipse client
option.Using wsdl file i have created stub,But stub code i can't see CXF
packages reference.All the stub java class refer java-ws packge only.

 I am not sure why?.When i run stub code it work fine without any CXF jar
file in classpath?.I am not sure how?.

I want to use CXF 3.0.3 client for my stub.Can you tell me what are the jar
file i need to include in my classpath.

What is the advance if i run stub using jax-ws vs CXF?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Prabu.N

Re: JAX-ws package refereed for CXF client

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
> On Dec 22, 2014, at 11:56 PM, PRABU <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>   I am new to CXF.I am trying to create CXF client using eclipse client
> option.Using wsdl file i have created stub,But stub code i can't see CXF
> packages reference.All the stub java class refer java-ws packge only.
>
> I am not sure why?.When i run stub code it work fine without any CXF jar
> file in classpath?.I am not sure how?.
>
> I want to use CXF 3.0.3 client for my stub.Can you tell me what are the jar
> file i need to include in my classpath.
>
> What is the advance if i run stub using jax-ws vs CXF?

By default, CXF generates code that is JAX-WS compliant which would run fine with the JAX-WS implementation built into the JDK.   However, the in-JDK implementation does not implement many of the advanced features that CXF does such as all the WS-* specs, a lot of the configurability of the transports, JMS support, etc….     In many cases, CXF performs better as well.

You can pass “-fe cxf” to the 3.0.3 code generator and it would generate code that would be tied to CXF.  This can make sure that CXF is picked up.  It also provides additional configuration touch points such as direct access to the CXF Bus, etc...

--
Daniel Kulp