Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Girish Shilamkar <gi...@clogeny.com> on 2013/09/05 12:32:20 UTC

FYI, issue in Portable IP feature

Hello,

We found an issue while automating testcases for Portable IP.
Suppose I have existing public IP range with a VLAN, and I use this range (or subset of this range) for creating a new portable IP range, portable IP range gets created successfully, but if you try to associate a portable IP to a network, it throws error saying "Entity already exists".

This happens because Portable IP range should not overlap with any of existing public ip ranges (irrespective of their vlan id).

Ideally, CS should not allow two public or portable IP ranges to exist within same subnet (same netmask). Each range should have different netmask (hence different subnet).
This also means that two public (or portable) ranges with same start and end IPs even in different VLAN ids cannot exist.
This should be fixed in the 4.2.1.  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-4596

If we have to create a new portable or public IP range through code, we can't create it by finding out free IPs range in existing subnets.
Hence will need to define it somewhere i.e. in the config file used by automation testcases.

Regards,
Girish