Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Thierry Collogne <th...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/31 09:58:35 UTC

Solr on JBOSS 4.0.3

Hello,

We are trying to run Solr on JBOSS 4.0.3, and are heaving an issue.
When we deploy the war and start our server we get a
ExceptionInInitializerError.

This is part of the stacktrace:

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: XPathFactory#newInstance() failed to
create an XPathFactory for the default object model:
http://java.sun.com/jaxp/xpath/dom with the
XPathFactoryConfigurationException:
javax.xml.xpath.XPathFactoryConfigurationException: No XPathFctory
implementation found for the object model:
http://java.sun.com/jaxp/xpath/dom
    at javax.xml.xpath.XPathFactory.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.solr.core.Config.<clinit>(Config.java:49)

After some searching on google, I found a suggestion to remove all libs from
JBOS_HOME\lib\endorsed

I have tried this on my local machine and it works.
Now the problem is that, due to our infrastructure, it is not really
possible to remove these libraries from our production servers, so we need
to come up with another solution.

The libraries in JBOS_HOME\lib\endorsed are :

             resolver.jar
             xalan.jar
             xercesImpl.jar
             xml-apis.jar

Is there someone who can explain to me what the dependencies are with the
above jar files? Are perhaps offer another solution?

Thank you.

Re: Solr on JBOSS 4.0.3

Posted by Thierry Collogne <th...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for the suggestion. I downloaded a newer version of JBOSS and then
copied the files from the JBOS_HOME\lib\endorsed to the WEB-INF\lib folder
of Solr.

That solved it.

Re: Solr on JBOSS 4.0.3

Posted by Daniel Naber <lu...@danielnaber.de>.