Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by ra...@gmail.com on 2011/10/19 07:26:52 UTC

where we should set Heap memory size

In jmeter bin folder
as per jmeter doc in Jmeter.bat file we can set the heap memory size for
windows.
But there is another file jmeter without extension has also heap memory
size setting.
# system's memory availablity:
HEAP="-Xms512m -Xmx512m"

What is the purpose of it here? If we set in jmeter.bat file do we need to
set in jmeter without extension file as well?

Re: where we should set Heap memory size

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 19 October 2011 06:26,  <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In jmeter bin folder
> as per jmeter doc in Jmeter.bat file we can set the heap memory size for
> windows.
> But there is another file jmeter without extension has also heap memory size
> setting.
> # system's memory availablity:
> HEAP="-Xms512m -Xmx512m"
>

> What is the purpose of it here? If we set in jmeter.bat file do we need to
> set in jmeter without extension file as well?

No, that is a shell script (for Unix type OSes)
Notice the first line:

#! /bin/sh