Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> on 2012/09/24 12:44:01 UTC

Weekly CouchDB IRC meeting

Hello,

I would like to propose that we meet once a week on IRC.

This is something that is working for Apache CloudStack, and I would like
to try it with out community.

I am happy to run the meetings for the time being.

The format I am thinking of is that I will go round everybody once and ask
them for their current status, and whether they have anything to discuss.
That's it. Once the meeting is over, I will upload the logs to the wiki,
and I will send minutes to the mailing list, inviting those who could not
be in attendance to contribute.

Finding a time when the most people are available will be tricky, but I've
set up a poll for y'all to indicate your preferences.

http://doodle.com/93scp9hyrexxd452

Please take a moment to vote on what time would work for you.

NS

Re: Weekly CouchDB IRC meeting

Posted by Lars Gierth <la...@gmail.com>.
I'm in UTC+1/2, but have a kind-of late day/night rhythm, so SFO/London
timezones work great for me!

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Octavian Damiean <ma...@gmail.com>.
I'm really looking forward to the IRC meetings. This is really a good idea.

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 12:31 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> Only four committers indicated a preference, out of 14 people in total.
> Jan, our PMC chair, also did not vote. I am unwilling to move forward
> without a quorum.
>
> HOWEVER. I may also create a new poll so that I may widen the time window a
> little.
>
> Please stand by.
>
> I will initiate another poll soon, announce it to the list, and then follow
> up individually with each comitter.

ok.

- benoƮt

Re: Weekly CouchDB IRC meeting