Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Babak Bastan <ba...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/02 15:19:57 UTC

Problem while installing Hive on ubuntu

Hello experts

since 2 days ago I tried to  install Hive on my ubuntu but no success( I'm
new in both hive and ubuntu)
I read this Artikel and I do all of the steps without problem,only in step
2 I changed my ".bashrc" file and add

*export HADOOP_HOME=/path_of_your_hadoop_folder*

to this file.

If I run this command in the root:

*echo $PATH*

the resual is:

*/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/src/hive/build/dist/bin/:/usr/src/hive/build/dist/lib/:/usr/local/hadoop/bin*

and then if I wirte this command ,I cant run hiveserver to use hive
*hive --service hiveserver*
*
*
what should I do? could you please help me?

Re: Problem while installing Hive on ubuntu

Posted by Jagat <ja...@gmail.com>.
Okay

Just export JAVA_HOME also

export JAVA_HOME="path to your java folder "

Posted by Jagat <ja...@gmail.com>.
Can you try to follow the steps mentioned at page below and install java /
hadoop etc again.

It seems your current user is not having rights to access the java present
in /usr/lib

http://jugnu-life.blogspot.in/2012/03/hadoop-installation-tutorial.html

Then you try and download hive and install it.

Posted by Babak Bastan <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jagat <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Babak Bastan <ba...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much

Posted by Jagat <ja...@gmail.com>.
There is one

Posted by Babak Bastan <ba...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Jagat
I did it, but no effect .It is not neccessary somehow to change my hadoop
file? because it says:

/home/babak/Downloads/hadoop/bin/hadoop: Zeile 289:
 /usr/lib/j2sdk1.5-sun/bin/java: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden:file
or folder not found

Posted by Jagat <ja...@gmail.com>.
We can use java-6-sun-1.6.0.26

Posted by "dong.yajun" <do...@gmail.com>.
老外真的很热情呀 :)

--
*Ric Dong *
Newegg Ecommerce, MIS department

Re: Problem while installing Hive on ubuntu

Posted by Babak Bastan <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Babak Bastan <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jagat <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Babak Bastan <ba...@gmail.com>.