Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Timm, Sean" <ST...@mailgo.com> on 2000/12/06 22:02:16 UTC

RE: [C2] CLI mode bugs

Catching up on old email...sorry if this has already been discussed, but I
didn't see any followup to this...

Ross Burton [mailto:rossyb@lineone.net] wrote:
> I just started to use the C2 CLI mode for a web site I've been slowly
> working on, and have hit upon several proplems Stefano didn't
> forsee/notice.
>
> 1) The crawler works on the attributes "src" and "href".
> Shame that I am
> using "SRC" and "HREF"...  I've changed my stylesheets but I
> like using
> lower-case tags for the input document and XSL,  and
> uppercase tags for
> the output HTML.

Per the XHTML 1.0 Recommendation:
"XHTML documents must use lower case for all HTML element and attribute
names. This difference is necessary because XML is case-sensitive e.g. <li>
and <LI> are different tags."

Yes, uppercase tags are still valid in most (if not all) browsers, and it
used to be the way I did HTML, too, but I believe this will begin to change
as XML takes a stronger hold.  Why encourage behaviour that will be
unsupported in the future?

- Sean T.