Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> on 2015/02/06 14:48:17 UTC

[Discuss] [Issue] Sample Applications do not Activate

Hi Devs,

Please find the current state of the sample applications below:

complex-appApplication does not Activatecomplex-app-with-lbApplication does
not Activatedependent-scaling/sample-cartridgesApplication Activates but
becomes Inactive after few secondsdependent-scaling/sample-groupsApplication
does not Activategroup-scalingApplication does not
Activategroup-scaling-v1Application
does not Activatemore-complex-appApplication does not
Activatenested-groupApplication
does not Activatesingle-cartridgeApplication Activates
single-group-group-scalingApplication does not
Activatesingle-group-v1Application
does not Activatesingle-group-v2Application does not
Activatesingle-group-v3Application
does not Activate

We need to investigate each sample and fix the issues we have in
application deployment logic. Once a sample becomes working we can add that
to the integration test.

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: [Discuss] [Issue] Sample Applications do not Activate

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi Reka,

I fixed subscribable information finding logic in default application
parser, not sure about others (cannot see any other commits except for one
from you). Moreover I found several problems in the samples and fixes those
today.

Did the group samples stay in Active state constantly?

Thanks

Posted by david hbase <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

The group-scaling-v1 can not be un-deployed,  after failed undeployed, can
not re-active again.

Also after this failed, the single-cartridge-app can not active.

David

Posted by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>.
Hi

--
Reka Thirunavukkarasu
Senior Software Engineer,

Re: [Discuss] [Issue] Sample Applications do not Activate

Posted by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>.

--
Reka Thirunavukkarasu
Senior Software Engineer,

Re: [Discuss] [Issue] Sample Applications do not Activate

Posted by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>.
Hi Gayan,

--
Reka Thirunavukkarasu
Senior Software Engineer,

Re: [Discuss] [Issue] Sample Applications do not Activate

Posted by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>.
Hi Imesh,

--
Reka Thirunavukkarasu
Senior Software Engineer,

Re: [Discuss] [Issue] Sample Applications do not Activate

Posted by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>.
Thanks Imesh for fixing the issues..I will continue testing with the other
samples..

Thanks,
Reka

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 10:59 AM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> May be this message processor is receiving an invalid message. Will debug
> and see.
>
> On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 11:09 PM, Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Imesh,
>>
>> Seems "GroupStatusInactiveProcessor" is the last processor in the
>> "GroupStatusProcessorChain".We are printing the above warn message if the
>> next processor is null.
>>
>>        if (nextProcessor != null) {
>>             // ask the next processor to take care of the message.
>>             return nextProcessor.process(idOfComponent, appId,
>> instanceId);
>>         } else {
>>
>>             log.warn(String.format("No possible state change found for
>> [component] %s [instance]",
>>                     idOfComponent, instanceId));
>>         }
>>
>> Seems for the group-scaling sample is not fully activated.Only one
>> group(group2c3) is activated in that sample.I think we need to check why
>> the "GroupStatusInactiveProcessor" is triggered during the application
>> deployment process.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gayan
>>

>> On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 9:53 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I tested both group-scaling and group-scaling-v1 applications but they
>>> did not activate:
>>>
>>> I can see the following warning in the log:
>>>  WARN
>>> {org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.status.processor.group.GroupStatusInactiveProcessor}
>>> -  No possible state change found for [component] mygroup2 [instance]
>>>
>>> Thanks

>>> --
>>> Imesh Gunaratne
>>>
>>> Technical Lead, WSO2
>>> Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos
>>>

>> --
>>
>> Gayan Gunarathne
>> Technical Lead
>> WSO2 Inc. (http://wso2.com)
>> email  : gayang@wso2.com  | mobile : +94 766819985
>>

> --
> Imesh Gunaratne
>
> Technical Lead, WSO2

Reka Thirunavukkarasu
Senior Software Engineer,
WSO2, Inc.:http://wso2.com,
Mobile: +94776442007

Re: [Discuss] [Issue] Sample Applications do not Activate

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com>.
Hi Imesh,

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.

Posted by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>.
Hi

--
Reka Thirunavukkarasu
Senior Software Engineer,

Re: [Discuss] [Issue] Sample Applications do not Activate

Posted by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>.
Hi

--
Reka Thirunavukkarasu
Senior Software Engineer,

Re: [Discuss] [Issue] Sample Applications do not Activate

Posted by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>.
Great job in organizing this samples..I just tried the simple sample. It
saves lot of time in the testing phase..

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 7:08 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Chamila,
>
> Now we have a common set of artifacts and deployment scripts for all the
> IaaSes except for deployment policies. We have verified this with Mock IaaS.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 11:47 PM, Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Imesh,
>>
>> Is this on a particular one IaaS or on mock IaaS?
>>

>> Regards,
>> Chamila de Alwis
>> Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163
>> Blog: code.chamiladealwis.com
>>

>> On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 9:18 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Dinithi, Manula and Vishanth for contributing to fix sample
>>> applications! I'm now looking into issues we have in grouping logic.
>>>
>>> Thanks

>>> --
>>> Imesh Gunaratne
>>>
>>> Technical Lead, WSO2

> Imesh Gunaratne
>
> Technical Lead, WSO2

Reka Thirunavukkarasu
Senior Software Engineer,
WSO2, Inc.:http://wso2.com,
Mobile: +94776442007

Re: [Discuss] [Issue] Sample Applications do not Activate

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi Chamila,

Posted by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>.
Hi Imesh,