Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com> on 2023/05/19 18:16:27 UTC

Release 5.6 preparation

Hi,

JMeter release is long overdue, and I think we are almost ready to cut 5.6.

I am polishing the changelog in
https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/5936

I suggest we prepare a candidate after the changelog update.

Comments are welcome.

There is a couple of PRs that might be included to 5.6 as well, however,
there are review comments. See
https://github.com/apache/jmeter/milestone/10

Vladimir
--
Vladimir

Re: Release 5.6 preparation

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
Vladimir, thanks for your work, I will prepare the release candidate
tomorrow.

Milamber

Re: Release 5.6 preparation

Re: Release 5.6 preparation

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi there,

I believe we could release 5.6 soon.

I've merged the PR from Felix (the one for #{url} template in recorder).
I polished release notes: https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/5936
I've finished work on "editable checkboxes":
https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/5944

I believe the above PRs are the only ones needed for 5.6 release.

It would be great if somebody could review it and/or try it.

----

I'm not sure what to do with https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/5761
Frankly speaking, the PR looked good to me, except I do not like adding
properties as
they become hard to maintain.

At the same time, I implemented "editable checkbox", and I think it could
serve as a solution
or as a workaround.

I appreciate Vincent took time to prepare PR, incorporate feedback,
however, now I think we could something more generic in 5.7.
For instance, we could implement overriding elements' props based on jmeter
properties.

Vladimir

Re: Release 5.6 preparation

Posted by Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra...@gmail.com>.
I am talking about icon of JMeter plugins in JMeter menu/icon bar

See screenshot here
https://github.com/apache/jmeter/issues/5942

Re: Release 5.6 preparation

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release 5.6 preparation

Posted by Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi

First of all, a big thanks to vladimir for his last PR

I have try the last build and in my 2 windows computer, jmeter plugin don't
work (I don't see the picto in menu bar)

It's work some build ago

Re: Release 5.6 preparation

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
Hi,