Posted to npanday-users@incubator.apache.org by Sergio Rupena <se...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/07 14:04:19 UTC

npanday with maven 3 issues

Hi,

It looks like npanday 1.4.1-INCUBATING does not fully support maven 3
(3.0.3).

For GAC dependencies (type = gac_msil) I would define a dependency in the
pom as follows:

    <dependency>
      <groupId>Microsoft</groupId>
      <artifactId>System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations</artifactId>
      <version>3.5.0.0</version>
      <classifier>31bf3856ad364e35</classifier>
      <type>gac_msil</type>
    </dependency>

I don't have the dependency in my repository and when I compile with maven 2
everything works fine. However with maven 3, I get an error that maven is
not capable of finding the pom in any repository.
Is this a maven or an npanday related issue? I had to upload the mentioned
dll from GAC to my repository in order to make my build. Maybe I am doing
something wrong. Anyone tried to have gac_msil dependencies and build with
maven 3 ?
Also building npanday itself with maven 3 did not work for me. Any plans for
stronger maven 3 support?

Best regards,
Sergio

Re: npanday with maven 3 issues

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
I predominantly use Maven 2.2.1 with NPanday, but I believe it was made to work with 3 for the 1.4.0 release.

Can you file an issue with the specific errors you get in both cases? You should not need to upload anything for GAC dependencies, and it should build with Maven 3 as well.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

RE: npanday with maven 3 issues

Posted by Sergio Rupena <sr...@247e.com>.
Hello,

Thanks for your comments. I was about to file a new bug in the npanday
issue tracker but then decided to have a deeper look. It turns out that
the issue is not related to npanday, but is the behavior of maven 3.
I'll quickly explain what the issue was:

The project was using the maven-dependency-plugin together with the
copy-dependencies goal ( in the parent pom)

<plugin>
<version>2.2</version>
<executions>
  <execution>
	<id>copy-dependencies</id>
	<goals>
	  <goal>copy-dependencies</goal>
	</goals>
  </execution>
</executions>
</plugin>

One project dependency was a GAC dll which was of course not in the
repository.  Interestingly this was no problem with maven 2, but with
the latest version of maven I ran into this issue.

Sergio

Posted by Lars Corneliussen <me...@lcorneliussen.de>.
hi,

I usually use maven 3, but not with gac references. I think for maven 2 we intercept the right places to help resolving the artifacts from gac; maybe we have to hook it up differently for maven 3 (google IOC)

for building the npanday trunk, first run the mv3-bootstrap bat in npanday trunk root (don't remember the full file name); this is necessary, since mvn3 can't resolve plugin deps within a reactor build - they have to be in the repo.

hope that helps
_
Lars