Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Kapil Neurgaonkar <ca...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/21 20:26:26 UTC

[TEXT] Proposal for StrLookup API (TEXT-80)

Hi All,

I'm Kapil, an aspirant new-comer to Apache Dev Community interested in
contributing to project Commons Text.

To start with I would like to solve an issue in StrLookup API [1].
Looking forward to having a mentor who can help me start-up and guide
through this activity.

Looks like a proposal has already been mentioned in JIRA item [1]. I
went through details mentioned and analyzed impact of change. As
mentioned, I think removal of type parameter <V> and changing lookup
map's type from <V> to <?> should be good.

Regarding impact, changes are required in StrLookup, StrLookupTest,
StrSubstitutor and StrSubstitutorTest within commons text. Also
respective test cases and JavaDocs need to be updated accordingly.

I hope this is good to start. Request you to kindly validate my proposal.

Please mention in case anything got missed or needs correction.

Thanks,
Kapil Neurgaonkar
Profile - https://www.linkedin.com/in/kapilneurgaonkar/

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEXT-80

Re: [TEXT] Proposal for StrLookup API (TEXT-80)

Posted by Kapil Neurgaonkar <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi Benedikt,

>> 1. Does Maven Clirr Plugin get executed as a part of Maven install itself?

> No you could either create the site with mvn site or call the clirr directly. I recommend creating the site and looking at the report.

Thanks for the guidelines. I created site with mvn site.

Please find attached a screenshot of Clirr report. Could you kindly
confirm if this is fine?

Further, I got a reply from the Secretary that my ICLA has been filed
and the Commons PMC has been notified regarding this.

Thanks,
Kapil

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hello,