Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2016/02/03 07:32:22 UTC

Roadmap and releases schedule

Hi all,

I would like to provide a quick update about the releases schedule (it's
not up to date on the current website, but it is on the new one).

1. New website: as I said yesterday, it's mostly done, I'm adding the
last content. I should be able to promote the new website tonight or
tomorrow.
2. Decanter 1.0.2: I would like to release Decanter 1.0.2 during the
week end or beginning of next week. It will include refactorings
(marshaller service), bug fixes (timestamp, JDBC appender, etc), new
features (new appenders for kafka, mongodb, etc).
3. Cellar 4.0.1 planned middle of next week, including mostly bug fixes
and couple of new features (cluster:status, etc).
4. Karaf 3.0.6: I fixed issues on the 3.x branch. Hopefully, I should be
able to propose 3.0.6 to vote for the end of this week.
5. Master is now 4.1.0-SNAPSHOT. I think we could include karaf-boot
there and start "major" dependency updates. It's also where I'm doing
the complete dev guide refactoring, replacing the existing demos with
bunch of samples.

Thoughts ?
Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Roadmap and releases schedule

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Fabian,

absolutely.

Thanks !
Regards
JB

Posted by Fabian Lange <fa...@codecentric.de>.
Hi JB,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
"I love it when a plan comes together"
   - John "Hannibal" Smith - A-Team

;)

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Sounds all good to me.

Christian

> Sound like a great plan! If I can help you with something, feel free to
> ping me. ;)
>
> Regards,
> Morgan
>

> On 02/03/2016 07:36 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>
>> By the way 4.0.5 will be in preparation next week as well.
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> On 02/03/2016 07:32 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I would like to provide a quick update about the releases schedule (it's
>>> not up to date on the current website, but it is on the new one).
>>>
>>> 1. New website: as I said yesterday, it's mostly done, I'm adding the
>>> last content. I should be able to promote the new website tonight or
>>> tomorrow.
>>> 2. Decanter 1.0.2: I would like to release Decanter 1.0.2 during the
>>> week end or beginning of next week. It will include refactorings
>>> (marshaller service), bug fixes (timestamp, JDBC appender, etc), new
>>> features (new appenders for kafka, mongodb, etc).
>>> 3. Cellar 4.0.1 planned middle of next week, including mostly bug fixes
>>> and couple of new features (cluster:status, etc).
>>> 4. Karaf 3.0.6: I fixed issues on the 3.x branch. Hopefully, I should be
>>> able to propose 3.0.6 to vote for the end of this week.
>>> 5. Master is now 4.1.0-SNAPSHOT. I think we could include karaf-boot
>>> there and start "major" dependency updates. It's also where I'm doing
>>> the complete dev guide refactoring, replacing the existing demos with
>>> bunch of samples.
>>>
>>> Thoughts ?
>>> Regards
>>> JB

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com
<https://owa.talend.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=3aa4083e0c744ae1ba52bd062c5a7e46&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.talend.com>

Re: Roadmap and releases schedule

Posted by Morgan Hautman <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

I gonna work on it for 4.0.5.

Regards
JB

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi

It would be nice if the release 4.0.5 could contain the change in the karaf-maven-plugin which sets the executable bit for unix scripts (e.g. bin/karaf) in the generated zip assembly (similar to tgz assembly). We need it for the ServiceMix assembly. If it's not too late on Monday, I'll open an issue and try to provide the pull request for this. I'm in conference till end of the week.

Regards
Krzysztof

--
Krzysztof Sobkowiak (@ksobkowiak)