Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org> on 2012/02/09 09:39:38 UTC

Re: Showing wrong count after importing table in Hive

Hi Bhavesh,
I believe that this question is more sqoop related than hive, so I've add sqoop user mailing list to CC.

Parameter --hive-drop-import-delims is actually very simple, it will blindly remove all '\n', '\r' and '\01' characters from all input data. It will let untouched all entires that do not contain such characters. If I understand your problem correctly and you're just trying to move your entire MS SQL database to hive using sqoop, then you should be fine running the parameter with importing all tables at once. Of course on precondition that you can live with loosing those three characters. I would suggest using --hive-delims-replacement in case that you can't.

And you're welcome, It was pleasure to help you.

Jarcec