Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/04 09:59:21 UTC

Re: naming conventions (was Re: Connector Framewo0rk)

On 21 Mar 2011, at 12:48, Ross Gardler wrote:

> On 21/03/2011 11:44, Scott Wilson wrote:
>> On 21 Mar 2011, at 11:15, Michael Aram wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Wookie-Community,
>>>

>> (I'll leave the connectors issue for those more familiar with them to
>> comment on...)
>>
>>> * Cleaning up the whole identifier mess by enforcing naming
>>> conventions *

>>> Therefore, I would recommend to create a small set of "naming
>>> conventions" for those critical variable names, like "always call
>>> a widget's guid "widgetGuid" when writing code/documentation" or
>>> "never use the word "widget" when refering to a widget-instance";
>>> and to do a small refactoring before the first Wookie release.
>>
>> +1 on creating naming conventions for these terms; I've noticed the
>> same thing myself. I don't know about doing it before the first
>> release - I think we ought do this for the second release (0.9.1)
>> rather than delay the initial release further.
>
> +1 I also am confused. If we are confused it's no wonder Michael is confused. Lets sort this mess out.
>
> +1 for doing it in 0.9.1

I'd like to get started on this - is the wiki the right place to do it, or should I create a file in the in-progress website structure at:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wookie/site/trunk/content/wookie/docs/developer/

?

Also - does anyone have any favourite examples of this type of page from other projects?