Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com> on 2018/03/06 22:42:56 UTC

The Go SDK got accidentally merged - options to deal with the pain

Hi all,

You may have noticed that our tests are red. A pull request that was meant
for the Go SDK branch accidentally got merged onto the master branch.
Things have been merged to master since then.

I've opened a revert at https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/4808

The next time there is a master to go-sdk merge it will need to be
re-reverted.

Two other options are (1) leave it there and disable it in whatever way and
(2) rebase dropping the commit and force push master (breaks all checkouts
that are past it).

Kenn

Re: The Go SDK got accidentally merged - options to deal with the pain

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com>.
Looks like the only issue is a snapshot version in the pom.

Posted by Henning Rohde <he...@google.com>.

Posted by Lukasz Cwik <lc...@google.com>.

Posted by Henning Rohde <he...@google.com>.
Hi everyone,

 Thanks again for your patience. The last remaining Go SDK items are now
resolved and the beam website has been updated! I'll start a separate
thread for the formal vote shortly.

Thanks,
 Henning

Posted by Henning Rohde <he...@google.com>.
Hi everyone,

Posted by Henning Rohde <he...@google.com>.

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Bradshaw <ro...@google.com>.

Posted by Davor Bonaci <da...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com>.

Posted by Robert Bradshaw <ro...@google.com>.

Posted by Henning Rohde <he...@google.com>.

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com>.

Posted by Robert Bradshaw <ro...@google.com>.

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com>.

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Bradshaw <ro...@google.com>.

Posted by Bill Neubauer <wc...@google.com>.
I'm reading "The next time..." as the Go developers needs to take some
special precautions the next time they merge from master to go-sdk? If
that's correct, that's more than reasonable, especially in light of this
current breakage.

Please do whatever's necessary to make things right again. If there's some
inconvenience for Go, we can certainly manage it.