Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/25 14:01:31 UTC

[VOTE][LAZY] Next tomee release using 7.0.0 version

Hi guys,

seems we'll reach a consensus soon on the fact we have to use 7.0 for next
release so trying to make the global topic moving forward ie the next tomee
release version.

Using milestones doesn't reflect code state and has the following
disadvantages:

- we have no clue yet we'll sort soon oracle discussions
- it prevents tooling and cloud integration (this thread is not about
discussing it is for good reasons or bad)
- milestones seems to impact some user/manager minds where it can be more
stable than some previous final releases, then also impacts us as a
community since we don't reach the usage we should
- we are stable since months, if we stop we can still change the version
later if desired but today we are

To make it clear this is a VOTE by LAZY consensus to use 7.0.0 as next
tomee release version.

[+1] yes let's do it
[ 0] what are you speaking about? meh don't care
[-1] no cause ${reason} is a blocker

Vote is open for 72 hours.

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Github
<https://github.com/rmannibucau> | LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> |  JavaEE Factory

Re: [VOTE][LAZY] Next tomee release using 7.0.0 version

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.
+1 no need to wait imo.

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
And here is my +1

with one -1 (binding) and 5 +1 bindings the vote passed.

updated http://tomee.apache.org/tomee-version-policies.html page to reflect
that. Feel free to enhance the page if anything is ambiguous or unclear for
you.

Thanks for your votes.

Romain Manni-Bucau

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andy Gumbrecht <ag...@tomitribe.com>.
+1 for 7.0.0 (documented status)

--
  Andy Gumbrecht
  https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

Re: [VOTE][LAZY] Next tomee release using 7.0.0 version

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jg...@tomitribe.com>.

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
+1 for 7.0.0 with Tomcat 8.5

--