Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org> on 2013/11/08 18:44:27 UTC

Timetable for 2.2.26 release?

Does anyone have a timetable for a 2.2.26 release?

Subversion users have been running into the issues introduced in 2.2.25 and
we've been pointing them at patches.  Some but not all of the binaries floating
around have been patched.  It would be really nice to be able to have a httpd
release to point them at.

For instance this guy popped up yesterday:
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/subversion-users/201311.mbox/%3C4A2A8BDDBE6EFE4199FB22121DB971B1A1B07E6B%40AAPLExchange.aapl.com.au%3E

In the meantime I've posted this thread on the users@subversion.apache.org list
in an effort to help users:
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/subversion-users/201311.mbox/%3C527C7AC3.5050906%40reser.org%3E

The PR 55306 and PR 55397 changes that are accepted in the 2.2.x branch STATUS
file are the fixes for these issues.

I know that 2.4.7 is held up by waiting on APR 1.5 but the vast majority of
Subversion users are still using 2.2.x.  So in the meantime it'd be really nice
if we could get the 2.2.x release done.  I'd be happy to take on some of the
work myself if someone can point me in the right directions.

Re: Timetable for 2.2.26 release?

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On Fri, 8 Nov 2013 13:26:51 -0500
Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> wrote:

> I'll RM 2.2.26... how does a T&R late next week sound?

Looks like a race condition... c.f. my earlier note :)

My offer stands, but I'm happy to take you up on your offer!  But please
note my comments of a few minutes ago r.e. autoconf/libtool.  There are
a number of patches applied to 2.4.x/trunk that may be needed on 2.2.x
branch if we move to a different version of autoconf for 2.2 releases.

Re: Timetable for 2.2.26 release?

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
STATUS is clean and so far all tests on all my avail platforms
pass. Let give it another day or 2 (since today is a US holiday)
and then I'll do a T&R on Weds.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wm...@gmail.com>.
I am happy to T&R in the coming days.

The approved mod_ssl EC patch has me a bit concerned that it is so out of
sync with what has been proposed for back port to 2.4 - I spent some time
reviewing that 2.4 patch as well and think it would be easier if the 2.4
patch were split into two proposals... those which will be adopted in 2.2
and features proposed exclusively for 2.4.

I am also concerned we keep 100-continue behavior in synch and pick up
T-E/C-L corrections.

Otherwise I concur that 2.2.26 needs to happen sooner rather than than
later, largely as a bug fix release to recent regressions.  There is no
need to overload it with a fresh rush of feature backports.  I am happy to
RM a 2.2.27 in Jan for such maintenance.