Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/19 14:01:37 UTC

[POLL] James 3.0 Milestone 1...?

the code in trunk has a ton of new features
(http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/james-server-dev/200707.mbox/browser)

i think that the upcoming spring integration might be a good excuse to
cut a milestone from trunk and christen it 3.0 milestone 1. yes,
there's work to be done (on the build, auditing the licenses, making
sure that everyone's happen with policy for milestones, cutting
releases for component sub-projects) but this is only a poll to see
whether people think it would be a good idea or not.

the milestone would be an official release but just a technology
preview with no guarantees about compatibility with the actual 3
series releases (whenever they happen).

- robert

[ ] +1 Grrrrreat!
[ ] +0 Yeh, whatever
[ ] -0 Whatever
[ ] -1 Do I Look bovverd?

Re: [POLL] James 3.0 Milestone 1...?

Posted by norman <no...@apache.org>.
Am Donnerstag, den 19.07.2007, 13:01 +0100 schrieb robert burrell
donkin:

<SNIP>

> [x] +1 Grrrrreat!
> [ ] +0 Yeh, whatever
> [ ] -0 Whatever
> [ ] -1 Do I Look bovverd?

I whould be very happy if we can cut a milestone after such a long
time.

bye
Norman

Re: [POLL] James 3.0 Milestone 1...?

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.
On 7/19/07, robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [X ] +1 Grrrrreat!

Bernd

Re: [POLL] James 3.0 Milestone 1...?

Posted by Serge Knystautas <sk...@gmail.com>.
On 7/19/07, robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> the milestone would be an official release but just a technology
> preview with no guarantees about compatibility with the actual 3
> series releases (whenever they happen).

+1

--
Serge Knystautas
p. 301.656.5501

Re: [POLL] James 3.0 Milestone 1...?

Posted by norman <no...@apache.org>.
Am Donnerstag, den 19.07.2007, 15:37 +0200 schrieb Stefano Bagnara:
> norman ha scritto:
> > Am Donnerstag, den 19.07.2007, 14:34 +0200 schrieb Stefano Bagnara:
> >> I already have the needed local changes ready to be committed (together
> >> with an update of any other library we depend on), but I'm waiting for
> >> official jars before committing them. *WHEN* they will be published I
> >> will commit them, whether you already cut the M1 or not.
> >>
> >> Stefano
> >

> > I think we should wait till they are released before cut the milestone.
> >
> > bye
> > Norman
>
> I warn you that excalibur-dev votes are usually slower than JAMES votes
> ;-) . I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack
> ships^H?H^H^H^H^H^H I saw votes running for more than 2 weeks ;-)
>
> Stefano

Lol... ;-)

bye
Norman

Re: [POLL] James 3.0 Milestone 1...?

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Re: [POLL] James 3.0 Milestone 1...?

Posted by norman <no...@apache.org>.

Re: [POLL] James 3.0 Milestone 1...?

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Re: [POLL] James 3.0 Milestone 1...?

Posted by Soren Hilmer <sh...@widetrail.dk>.
+1
On Thursday 19 July 2007 14:01, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> the code in trunk has a ton of new features
> (http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/james-server-dev/200707.mbox/brow
>ser)
>
> i think that the upcoming spring integration might be a good excuse to
> cut a milestone from trunk and christen it 3.0 milestone 1. yes,
> there's work to be done (on the build, auditing the licenses, making
> sure that everyone's happen with policy for milestones, cutting
> releases for component sub-projects) but this is only a poll to see
> whether people think it would be a good idea or not.
>
> the milestone would be an official release but just a technology
> preview with no guarantees about compatibility with the actual 3
> series releases (whenever they happen).
>
> - robert
>
> [ ] +1 Grrrrreat!
> [ ] +0 Yeh, whatever
> [ ] -0 Whatever
> [ ] -1 Do I Look bovverd?

Søren Hilmer, M.Sc., M.Crypt.
wideTrail            Phone: +45 25481225
Pilevænget 41        Email: sh@widetrail.dk
DK-8961  Allingåbro  Web: www.widetrail.dk

Re: [POLL] James 3.0 Milestone 1...?

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 7/19/07, robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> the milestone would be an official release but just a technology
> preview with no guarantees about compatibility with the actual 3
> series releases (whenever they happen).

+1 Timothy Collett
+1 Paulo Sergio
+1 Mike Heath
+1 Soren Hilmer
+1 Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini
+1 Serge Knystautas
+1 norman
+1 Stefano Bagnara
+1 Bernd Fondermann

seems to be a consensus that some kind of technology preview for 3.0
would be good

so, let's get started on the details

- robert

Re: [POLL] James 3.0 Milestone 1...?