Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Karthik Ramakrishnan <ka...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/21 03:56:32 UTC

Does NiFi support multiple queries

Hello -

I was wondering if NiFi can support multiple queries in the same PutSQL
processor. For example, if an attribute is set to 'update' - will PutSQL
run the defined update query and next time when it is an 'insert' - it runs
the insert query. Or should we go ahead and add two separate processors and
make a decision on the RouteAttributes processor? Any thoughts would be
welcome!!

TIA!!

*Karthik Ramakrishnan*
*Data Services Intern*
*Copart Inc.*
*Contact : +1 (469) 951-8854*

Re: Does NiFi support multiple queries

Posted by Karthik Ramakrishnan <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thank you people!! Great help.

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 7:19 AM, Peter Wicks (pwicks) <pw...@micron.com>
wrote:

> Karthik,
>

> PutSQL will handle both styles, and for multiple tables, without issue.
>

> Internally it creates a separate SQL Batch for each distinct SQL statement
> in the queue and then executes these batches separately.  Feel free to mix
> as many Inserts/Updates as you wish for as many tables as you wish.
>

> Thanks,
>
>   Peter

*Karthik Ramakrishnan*
*Contact : +1 (469) 951-8854*

RE: Does NiFi support multiple queries

I was wondering if NiFi can support multiple queries in the same PutSQL processor. For example, if an attribute is set to 'update' - will PutSQL run the defined update query and next time when it is an 'insert' - it runs the insert query. Or should we go ahead and add two separate processors and make a decision on the RouteAttributes processor? Any thoughts would be welcome!!

TIA!!

Karthik Ramakrishnan
Data Services Intern
Copart Inc.
Contact : +1 (469) 951-8854

Re: Does NiFi support multiple queries

Posted by ma...@hotmail.com.
Karthik,

You can send them both to the same PutSQL processor. It won't have any problem with this.

Thanks
-Mark

Sent from my iPhone