Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2001/10/24 11:16:59 UTC

[vote] merging FOP and jfor

Hi,

it's with pleasure that I announce that all things from both sides are
now cleared and the merging can take place.

So, this is to inform all parties that the FOP dev community has
officially accepted the merging and will further dictate the technical
directions to take independently.

In order to do this, Bertrand will receive active developer status and
will volunteer to perform the merging with the rest of the dev
community.

Hopefully this will make FOP a better project.

Thanks to all.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: [vote] merging FOP and jfor (donation agreement)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
On Saturday 27 October 2001 14:42, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>. . .
> Ok, here we go: the FOP mail list has accepted the donation of jfor so
> things to do:
>
>  1) send Bertrand the donation agreement (where is it? is it in the
> foundation CVS module?)

Got it from Ted Leung - I was out of town but found it in my mailbox.
I will review and sign it shortly.

--
 -- Bertrand Delacr�taz, www.codeconsult.ch
 -- web technologies consultant - OO, Java, XML, C++

Re: [vote] merging FOP and jfor

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Peter Donald wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Oct 2001 06:33, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> > Arved Sandstrom wrote:
> > >
> > > Just to make sure things don't fall through the cracks, _someone_
> > > somewhere _is_ making sure that Bertrand gets set up as a FOP committer,
> > > correct? :-)
> >
> > AFAIK, it's the PMC's responsibility to take this further.
>
> Well as long as the fop committers have given 3 +1s then all should be good.
>
> Have a look at
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/roles.html
>
> If the developer doesn't have an account on the CVS box then email root else
> drop note to the PMC.
>
> > So, PMC, is anybody taking care of this or we should inform
> > root@apache.org to do it?
>
> Considering it's anm XML project I suspect it would be best to send this to
> the XML PMC rather than the jakarta one ;)

Damn, sent to wrong list :(

Ok, here we go: the FOP mail list has accepted the donation of jfor so
things to do:

 1) send Bertrand the donation agreement (where is it? is it in the
foundation CVS module?)
 2) have him sign it and send it to the ASF offices
 3) give him CVS write access (with the apache account) (can some of you
take care of that please?)

Then, it's up to you guys to decide what to do with the donated jfor
code.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: [vote] merging FOP and jfor

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 26 Oct 2001 06:33, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Arved Sandstrom wrote:
> > At 11:16 AM 10/24/01 +0200, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> > >In order to do this, Bertrand will receive active developer status and
> > >will volunteer to perform the merging with the rest of the dev
> > >community.
> >
> > Just to make sure things don't fall through the cracks, _someone_
> > somewhere _is_ making sure that Bertrand gets set up as a FOP committer,
> > correct? :-)
>
> AFAIK, it's the PMC's responsibility to take this further.

Well as long as the fop committers have given 3 +1s then all should be good.

Have a look at

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/roles.html

If the developer doesn't have an account on the CVS box then email root else
drop note to the PMC.

> So, PMC, is anybody taking care of this or we should inform
> root@apache.org to do it?

Considering it's anm XML project I suspect it would be best to send this to
the XML PMC rather than the jakarta one ;)

BTW: Stefano - u back ? If so - welcome back ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete

| Contrary to popular belief, UNIX is user-friendly. It   |
| just happens to be selective on who it makes friendship |
| with.                                                   |
|                       - Richard Cook                    |

Re: [vote] merging FOP and jfor

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Stefano Mazzocchi at stefano@apache.org wrote:

> Arved Sandstrom wrote:
>>
>> At 11:16 AM 10/24/01 +0200, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>>> In order to do this, Bertrand will receive active developer status and
>>> will volunteer to perform the merging with the rest of the dev
>>> community.
>>
>> Just to make sure things don't fall through the cracks, _someone_ somewhere
>> _is_ making sure that Bertrand gets set up as a FOP committer, correct? :-)
>
> AFAIK, it's the PMC's responsibility to take this further.
>
> So, PMC, is anybody taking care of this or we should inform
> root@apache.org to do it?

Errr... Wrong PMC :)

    Pier

Re: [vote] merging FOP and jfor

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

Re: [vote] merging FOP and jfor

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.
At 11:16 AM 10/24/01 +0200, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>In order to do this, Bertrand will receive active developer status and
>will volunteer to perform the merging with the rest of the dev
>community.

Just to make sure things don't fall through the cracks, _someone_ somewhere
_is_ making sure that Bertrand gets set up as a FOP committer, correct? :-)

Regards,
Arved Sandstrom

Fairly Senior Software Type
e-plicity (http://www.e-plicity.com)