Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ro...@aciworldwide.com on 2008/01/23 15:29:38 UTC

WAR confusion

I seem to be getting more files than I would like in my WAR. Here is the
configuration (as generated with -X)

[DEBUG] Configuring mojo
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-war-plugin:2.0.2:war' -->
[DEBUG]   (s) addMavenDescriptor = false
[DEBUG]   (f) manifestEntries = {...}
[DEBUG]   (f) archive =
org.apache.maven.archiver.MavenArchiveConfiguration@420d60a4
[DEBUG]   (f) archiveClasses = false
[DEBUG]   (s) classesDirectory =
D:\framework\apps\forminstaller-ear\modules\forminstaller-war\build\classes
[DEBUG]   (f) filters = []
[DEBUG]   (f) outputDirectory =
D:\framework\apps\forminstaller-ear\modules\forminstaller-war\build
[DEBUG]   (f) primaryArtifact = true
[DEBUG]   (s) project = org.apache.maven.project.MavenProject@1f0da42f
[DEBUG]   (f) warName = forminstaller
[DEBUG]   (s) warSourceDirectory =
D:\framework\apps\forminstaller-ear\modules\forminstaller-war\src\web
[DEBUG]   (s) directory = src/web
[DEBUG]   (s) includes = [**/*.jsp, **/*.jsf, WEB-INF/]
[DEBUG]   (s) excludes = [**/test/, WEB-INF/lib/]
[DEBUG]   (f) webResources = [Lorg.apache.maven.model.Resource;@1cfa60a4
[DEBUG]   (s) webappDirectory =
D:\framework\apps\forminstaller-ear\modules\forminstaller-war\build\forminstaller
[DEBUG]   (f) workDirectory =
D:\framework\apps\forminstaller-ear\modules\forminstaller-war\build\war\work
[DEBUG] -- end configuration --

The warSourceDirectory contains the following two files, which do not seem
to match the includes filter

D:\framework\apps\forminstaller-ear\modules\forminstaller-war\src\web\jsse.jar
D:\framework\apps\forminstaller-ear\modules\forminstaller-war\src\web\upload.jar

but are nonetheless appearing in the generated war, as indicated below...

[INFO] Building war:
D:\framework\apps\forminstaller-ear\modules\forminstaller-war\build\forminstaller.war
[DEBUG] adding directory META-INF/
[DEBUG] adding entry META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
[DEBUG] adding directory WEB-INF/
[DEBUG] adding entry jsse.jar
[DEBUG] adding entry upload.jar
[DEBUG] adding entry upload.jsp
[DEBUG] adding entry WEB-INF/ibm-web-bnd.xmi
[DEBUG] adding entry WEB-INF/ibm-web-ext.xmi
[DEBUG] adding entry WEB-INF/web.xml

For additional insight, here is the relevant pom.xml section

<plugin>
  <configuration>
    <warSourceDirectory>src/web</warSourceDirectory>
    <archive>
      <addMavenDescriptor>false</addMavenDescriptor>
      <manifestEntries/>
    </archive>
    <webResources>
      <resource>
        <directory>src/web</directory>
        <includes>
          <include>**/*.jsp</include>
          <include>**/*.jsf</include>
          <include>WEB-INF/</include>
        </includes>
        <excludes>
          <exclude>**/test/</exclude>
          <exclude>WEB-INF/lib/</exclude>
        </excludes>
      </resource>
    </webResources>
  </configuration>
</plugin>

Robert Egan

This email message and any attachments may contain confidential,
proprietary or non-public information.  The information is intended solely
for the designated recipient(s).  If an addressing or transmission error
has misdirected this email, please notify the sender immediately and
destroy this email.  Any review, dissemination, use or reliance upon this
information by unintended recipients is prohibited.  Any opinions
expressed in this email are those of the author personally.

Re: WAR confusion

Posted by ro...@aciworldwide.com.
Yes, that was it. Thanks very much.

Robert Egan

This email message and any attachments may contain confidential,
proprietary or non-public information.  The information is intended solely
for the designated recipient(s).  If an addressing or transmission error
has misdirected this email, please notify the sender immediately and
destroy this email.  Any review, dissemination, use or reliance upon this
information by unintended recipients is prohibited.  Any opinions
expressed in this email are those of the author personally.

"Wayne Fay" <wa...@gmail.com>
23-Jan-2008 10:30 AM
Please respond to
"Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>

"Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: WAR confusion

I'm not positive, but I would assume the
>     <warSourceDirectory>src/web</warSourceDirectory>
directive is kinda cancelling out the resource/includes & excludes you
specify later.

Set that warSourceDirectory to src/null (or create a valid empty
directory) and see what happens.

Wayne

Re: WAR confusion

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Re: WAR confusion

Posted by Scott Ryan <sr...@gmail.com>.
Does it deploy manually by hand with the Weblogic Console?  What
platform are you running on (Unix, Windows, Linux, etc)

Scott Ryan
CTO Soaring Eagle L.L.C.
Denver, Co. 80129
www.soaringeagleco.com