Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by exits funnel <ex...@yahoo.com> on 2003/03/14 01:27:05 UTC

Trouble Building

Hello,

I apologize if this is not an appropriate topic, but
I've just downloaded the xerces source and I'm having
trouble building it on RedHat 7.2.  I should mention
that I'm pretty new to Linux/gmake.  Here's what I've
done so far:

1.  Downloaded the xerces-c-src2_2_0 bundle and
extracted it to /usr/xerces (which I created).

2.  Set XERCESROOT appropriately

3.  Ran ./configure from within /src/xerces

4.  Ran gmake from within /src/xerces.

Everything proceeds until it tries to compile
AbstractDOMParser.cpp at which time the build fails
becasue it can't find a bunch of header files.  Here's
the tail of the output from the make:

cp -fp CharTypeTables.hpp DGXMLScanner.hpp
ElemStack.hpp EndOfEntityException.hpp
IANAEncodings.hpp ReaderMgr.hpp SGXMLScanner.hpp
VecAttrListImpl.hpp VecAttributesImpl.hpp
IGXMLScanner.hpp WFXMLScanner.hpp
XMLInternalErrorHandler.hpp XMLReader.hpp
XMLScanner.hpp XMLScannerResolver.hpp
/include/xercesc/internal
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/xerces/xerces-c-src2_2_0/src/xercesc/internal'
Building framework
gmake -C framework
gmake[1]: Entering directory
`/usr/xerces/xerces-c-src2_2_0/src/xercesc/framework'
mkdir -p /include/xercesc/framework
cp -fp LocalFileInputSource.hpp
LocalFileFormatTarget.hpp MemBufInputSource.hpp
MemBufFormatTarget.hpp StdInInputSource.hpp
StdOutFormatTarget.hpp URLInputSource.hpp
Wrapper4DOMInputSource.hpp Wrapper4InputSource.hpp
XMLAttDef.hpp XMLAttDefList.hpp XMLAttr.hpp
XMLBuffer.hpp XMLBufferMgr.hpp XMLContentModel.hpp
XMLDocumentHandler.hpp XMLElementDecl.hpp
XMLEntityDecl.hpp XMLEntityHandler.hpp
XMLErrorCodes.hpp XMLErrorReporter.hpp
XMLFormatter.hpp XMLNotationDecl.hpp XMLPScanToken.hpp
XMLRecognizer.hpp XMLRefInfo.hpp XMLValidator.hpp
XMLValidityCodes.hpp  /include/xercesc/framework
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/xerces/xerces-c-src2_2_0/src/xercesc/framework'
Building parsers
gmake -C parsers
gmake[1]: Entering directory
`/usr/xerces/xerces-c-src2_2_0/src/xercesc/parsers'
mkdir -p /include/xercesc/parsers
cp -fp AbstractDOMParser.hpp DOMBuilderImpl.hpp
XercesDOMParser.hpp SAXParser.hpp
SAX2XMLReaderImpl.hpp  /include/xercesc/parsers
c++ -fPIC -DLINUX -D_REENTRANT -c -I/include -I/src -g
-O2   -o /obj/LINUX/AbstractDOMParser.o
AbstractDOMParser.cpp
AbstractDOMParser.cpp:81:44:
xercesc/dom/impl/DOMAttrImpl.hpp: No such file or
directory
AbstractDOMParser.cpp:84:44:
xercesc/dom/impl/DOMTextImpl.hpp: No such file or
directory
AbstractDOMParser.cpp:85:48:
xercesc/dom/impl/DOMDocumentImpl.hpp: No such file or
directory
AbstractDOMParser.cpp:86:52:
xercesc/dom/impl/DOMDocumentTypeImpl.hpp: No such file
or directory
AbstractDOMParser.cpp:88:47:
xercesc/dom/impl/DOMElementImpl.hpp: No such file or
directory
AbstractDOMParser.cpp:89:46:
xercesc/dom/impl/DOMEntityImpl.hpp: No such file or
directory
AbstractDOMParser.cpp:90:55:
xercesc/dom/impl/DOMEntityReferenceImpl.hpp: No such
file or directory
AbstractDOMParser.cpp:91:48:
xercesc/dom/impl/DOMNotationImpl.hpp: No such file or
directory
AbstractDOMParser.cpp:94:61:
xercesc/dom/impl/DOMProcessingInstructionImpl.hpp: No
such file or directory
AbstractDOMParser.cpp:95:45:
xercesc/dom/impl/DOMNodeIDMap.hpp: No such file or
directory
gmake[1]: *** [AbstractDOMParser.o] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/xerces/xerces-c-src2_2_0/src/xercesc/parsers'
gmake: *** [Parsers] Error
** [Parsers] Error 2

The required headers exist, but not in the directories
specified in the .cpp file.  Can anyone clue me in as
to what
I'm doing wrong?  Thanks in advance for any help I
get!

-exits

Re: Trouble Building

Posted by exits funnel <ex...@yahoo.com>.