Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Gokul P. Nair" <gp...@yahoo.com> on 2005/03/01 22:58:02 UTC

modperl 2.0.0-rc4 statically linked with httpd-2.0.53

how do i find out if mod_perl is statically linked to
apache or dynamically? the reason i need to know this
is because in order to install HTML::Mason, it is
strictly reccomended that mod_perl be statically
linked to apache.

thanks in advance.

Gokul

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: modperl 2.0.0-rc4 statically linked with httpd-2.0.53

Posted by Barry Hoggard <ba...@tristanmedia.com>.
On Mar 1, 2005, at 4:58 PM, Gokul P. Nair wrote:

> how do i find out if mod_perl is statically linked to
> apache or dynamically? the reason i need to know this
> is because in order to install HTML::Mason, it is
> strictly reccomended that mod_perl be statically
> linked to apache.

I've used Mason with a DSO mod_perl in 1.x and 2.x without problems.

--
Barry Hoggard
Tristan Media LLC

Re: modperl 2.0.0-rc4 statically linked with httpd-2.0.53

Posted by David Hodgkinson <da...@hodgkinson.org>.
On 1 Mar 2005, at 21:58, Gokul P. Nair wrote:

> how do i find out if mod_perl is statically linked to
> apache or dynamically? the reason i need to know this
> is because in order to install HTML::Mason, it is
> strictly reccomended that mod_perl be statically
> linked to apache.

httpd -l

Try it as a dso. on recent builds it should be fine.

--
Dave Hodgkinson
CTO, Rockit Factory Ltd.

Re: modperl 2.0.0-rc4 statically linked with httpd-2.0.53

Posted by Kurt Hansen <kh...@charityweb.net>.
Hello,

Gokul P. Nair wrote:

>how do i find out if mod_perl is statically linked to
>apache or dynamically? the reason i need to know this
>is because in order to install HTML::Mason, it is
>strictly reccomended that mod_perl be statically
>linked to apache.

That recommendation is for mod_perl1 and does not necessarily apply to
mod_perl2, I believe.

I've been using a dynamically linked mp2 and Mason for a few months now,
and it has been working fine.

Take care,

Kurt Hansen
khansen@charityweb.net