Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/01 19:23:51 UTC

Re: TomEE 7.1.x with Microprofile

I've only ever seen feedback of the nature that if people were willing to do the extra 7.1 work in addition to the TomEE 8 work, it wasn't a problem.

Note, just got off the MicroProfile hangout and there we've proposed to doing both a MicroProfile 1.4 and MicroProfile 2.0 release on June 6th.  The release contents would be the same with the exception of the minimum Java EE version; 1.4 will remain at Java EE 7 and MicroProfile 2.0 will be Java EE 8.  Work would probably shift to MicroProfile 2.x afterwards, though future MicroProfile 1.x releases could happen if component specs want to continue to cater to Java EE 7 or don't have any Java EE dependency at all.  That means MicroProfile will officially have two streams:

 - MicroProfile 1.x, Java EE 7, (potential TomEE 7.1)
 - MicroProfile 2.x, Java EE 8/Jakarta EE 8, TomEE 8

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins

Posted by Alex The Rocker <al...@gmail.com>.
Enormous +1 for Mark's suggestion (i.e., TomEE 7.0.5 focus before
releasing anything else) :)

Alexandre

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
guess we can just use the master release note since the last release and
drop the spec N+1 items no?
+1 to get it merged (I'd appreciate if Mark can give a shot before since it
is a big one but looked ok and well working on my side)

Romain Manni-Bucau

:

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Just take this one:

"

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
We can certainly continue discussing, but there have been 7.1 discussions including people like Rudy, Jean-Louis and Jonathan volunteering on list to work on a 7.1.  Mark raising some questions and chiming in with "I fully support that."

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.