Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2013/07/29 18:17:40 UTC

Contributing...

I would like to get started contributing to Hadoop.  Does anyone have
any pointers on where to start digging in?  I don't mean "look at
JIRAs and start submitting patches."  I mean, which areas of the
project would be a good place to start for a beginner?

Re: Contributing...

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.
You can also look for JIRAs with the "newbie" label, Eli's JIRA filter is
handy here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12315566

I'd even refine it by looking for recent unresolved, unassigned JIRAs with
this query:

project in (HADOOP, MAPREDUCE, HDFS) AND labels = newbie AND status = Open
AND assignee = EMPTY ORDER BY created DESC

Best,
Andrew

Re: Contributing...

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.