Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Russell Bateman <ru...@windofkeltia.com> on 2019/11/06 15:58:19 UTC

NiFi 1.10.0 JRE clarification...

Looking at the release notes, I see:

  * Apache NiFi can now be built on either Java 8 or Java 11! When built
    on Java 8 it can run on Java 8 or Java 11.

The implications of this statement make me ask:

  * At https://nifi.apache.org/download.html, how is it built? JDK 11?
  * Can I run it using JRE 8? Or, must I download source and build it
    using JDK 8 myself?

I apologize; I could try it myself, but I don't have a platform running
JRE 8 easy to hand, so I thought I'd ask if anyone knows. Likely,
anything I do will ultimately need to run on (CentOS) JRE 8, so I'm not
asking idly.

Thanks,

Russ

Re: NiFi 1.10.0 JRE clarification...

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
Releases are built with Java 8 until sometime in the future when we
move to Java 11 as the minimum (likely NiFi 2.0.0).