Posted to dev@etch.apache.org by "scott comer (sccomer)" <sc...@cisco.com> on 2009/01/14 16:32:26 UTC

[vote] include the fix for etch-25 in release 1.0.2

DefaultDeliveryService ends call with mb.CloseDelivery() and it should end it with mb.CloseRead()

                 Key: ETCH-25
             Project: Etch
          Issue Type: Bug
          Components: csharp-binding, java-binding
    Affects Versions: 1.0.1, 1.0.0
            Reporter: scott comer

when done reading the mailbox, the right method to call is CloseRead(). somehow the code actually calls CloseDelivery(), a method used to shutdown the writing side of the mailbox. CloseRead() calls CloseDelivery() first off, but then takes the additional steps of redelivering any messages left in the mailbox.

The distinction is rather fine, and this bug was found by reading the source code. There are certain ways you could exercise this bug, but it would be very rare and not have any real impact. So, it isn't an emergency to fix it, but it is also a relatively benign fix. I've already made the change in my tree and tested it. The patch is attached.

------------------

there is little risk. all unit tests have passed.

scott out

Re: [vote] include the fix for etch-25 in release 1.0.2

Posted by James Dixson <ja...@cisco.com>.
+1

--
James Dixson
Manager, Software Development

Re: [vote] include the fix for etch-25 in release 1.0.2

Posted by scott comer <sc...@cisco.com>.

Posted by "Jan Capps (jacapps)" <ja...@cisco.com>.
I think this should be included in 1.0.2.

Posted by scott comer <sc...@cisco.com>.
+1 to include the fix.

Posted by James Dixson <ja...@cisco.com>.
+1