Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Elliot Metsger <em...@jhu.edu> on 2007/11/30 15:11:47 UTC

1.1.5 and trunk

Hi Craig or Torsten or Christian (or anyone else working on the 286 merge),

I'm thinking about doing a maintenance release for 1.1.5.

My question is what branches should fixes targeted for 1.1.5 be applied
on?  (A Jira search for "1.1.5 Fix For" will give you the list).  Do you
just want them only applied on the 1.1.x branch, or would you prefer
they get applied to trunk and/or the 286-merge branch as well?

The issues being fixed for 1.1.5 are bugs in trunk so they need to get
applied at some point.  If now isn't the time to disturb trunk, I'll
create separate issues for trunk (so I can close out the issue for the
1.1.x branch with the release).

Again, apologies for not being around... things are crazy.

Elliot

Re: 1.1.5 and trunk

Posted by CD...@hannaford.com.

Eliiot,

Thank you for stepping in to help with the next release.

I'd like to see any new patches applied to the trunk and the 1.1-286-trunk
-merge branch. Some of these changes might need to be merged into
1.1-286-trunk-merge manually since it is a hybrid branch, but that
shouldn't be difficult since most of them are minor code changes. I will
try to help when I can.

BTW, the proposed Final Draft of the JSR-286 spec to be submitted to the
JCP has just been posted (at http://hnsp.inf-bb.uni-jena.de/spec/) and the
Expert Group's work is suppose to be finished before Christmas, so a Pluto
2.0 beta should be somewhere on our horizon.

Thanks, again.
/Craig

             Elliot Metsger
             <emetsger@jhu.edu
                                       pluto-dev@portals.apache.org
             11/30/2007 09:11                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       1.1.5 and trunk
             Please respond to