Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com> on 2015/12/15 14:43:33 UTC

2FA and github

I’m failing to set up app-based 2FA with the github account I created for use with whimsy.

I get to the page with the qr code, scan it with my google authenticator app, and type the 6 digit code the app gives me. Github always says

Two-factor secret verification failed. Please verify your secret and try again.

Any idea why this doesn’t work?

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@oracle.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: 2FA and github

Posted by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
I got tired of failure. I used sms instead.

Now I need to remember how to MUTT myself.

Craig

Re: 2FA and github

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
<cr...@oracle.com> wrote:
> I’m failing to set up app-based 2FA with the github account I created for use with whimsy.
>
> I get to the page with the qr code, scan it with my google authenticator app, and type the 6 digit code the app gives me. Github always says

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I used https://www.saaspass.com/

> Two-factor secret verification failed. Please verify your secret and try again.
>
> Any idea why this doesn’t work?
>
> Craig L Russell
> Architect, Oracle
> http://db.apache.org/jdo