Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org> on 2012/02/13 23:51:12 UTC

What versions support compressed text fields?

I've looked at the wiki and the changelog, and I'm still confused about what versions support compressed fields.

We have an index which is rapidly growing through 100Gb, and I'd like to turn on text field compression without reindexing. Is that possible?

We are on 3.3.0.

wunder
--
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

Re: What versions support compressed text fields?

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Yes, that (TextField, StrField) looks like ancient Lucene stuff from the previous decade :)

OtisĀ
----
Performance Monitoring SaaS for Solr - http://sematext.com/spm/solr-performance-monitoring/index.html

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.
So this statement is false?

--
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

Re: What versions support compressed text fields?

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Wunder,