Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2014/10/17 01:46:50 UTC

Fwd: Directed Research Weekly Report from 2014/09/29 - 2014/10/05

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: MengYing Wang <me...@gmail.com>>
Date: October 16, 2014 at 4:45:56 PM PDT
To: "Verma, Rishi (398J)" <Ri...@jpl.nasa.gov>>
Cc: Christian Alan Mattmann <ma...@usc.edu>>, "Mcgibbney, Lewis J (398J)" <Le...@jpl.nasa.gov>>, "Bryant, Ann C (398J-Affiliate)" <an...@gmail.com>>, "Ramirez, Paul M (398J)" <pa...@jpl.nasa.gov>>, "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>>, Tyler Palsulich <tp...@gmail.com>>
Subject: Re: Directed Research Weekly Report from 2014/09/29 - 2014/10/05

Dear Rishi,

When I try to use the OODT RADiX using the command "mvn clean package -Pfm-solr-catalog", I get the "profile with id: 'fm-solr-catalog' has not been activated" error. Have you by any chance seen this error before? Thank you! Also after the installation, no solr directory is found in my machine too.

$ mvn clean package -Pfm-solr-catalog

[INFO] Scanning for projects...

[WARNING]

Profile with id: 'fm-solr-catalog' has not been activated.

[INFO] Reactor build order:

[INFO]   Data Management System

Best,
Mengying Wang

On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 3:05 PM, Verma, Rishi (398J) <Ri...@jpl.nasa.gov>> wrote:
Hi Mengying,

For integrating OODT File Manager with Solr, you have a couple options depending on the type of deployment you are doing and what stage your software is at:

If you’re starting from scratch:
1. Use Vagrant Virtual Machine technology to get a pre-built OODT deployment connected to Solr in one command: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/Vagrant+Powered+OODT
2. Use OODT RADiX for a pre-built deployment directory containing OODT File Manager, Workflow, Resource etc and Solr pre-integrated. RADiX allows for pre-configured OODT deployments, abstracting you from checking out individual OODT modules via source and building them.
   See: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/RADiX+Powered+By+OODT#RADiXPoweredByOODT-TheCommands
   Make sure to build with the command: mvn -Pfm-solr-catalog package  (see read me: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/oodt/trunk/mvn/archetypes/radix/src/main/resources/archetype-resources/README.txt)
3. Connect OODT FM with Solr manually, see: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/Integrating+Solr+with+OODT+RADiX

If you already have a deployed OODT FM:
1. Follow these directions: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/Solr+File+Manager+Quick+Start+Guide
2. If the above doesn’t work, then use OODT RADiX to create a FM and Solr deployment that works, and copy those directories to your currently deployed production directory.

Thanks - hope that helps!
Rishi

On Oct 5, 2014, at 10:56 AM, MengYing Wang <me...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Dear Prof. Mattmann and Rishi,

Attached is the nutch and solr directories.
​
[https://ssl.gstatic.com/docs/doclist/images/icon_9_archive_list.png] nutch_solr.zip<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7PYVKDpy0jlSnI3U1lFcGY0WnM/edit?usp=drive_web>
​
As for problem (6), I could use SolrIndexer instead. Following is my File Manager directory.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7PYVKDpy0jlVTk2NWFFY2sycW8/view?usp=sharing

Thank you!

Best,
Mengying Wang

On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 9:25 AM, Christian Alan Mattmann <ma...@usc.edu>> wrote:
Thanks Angela. Great work!

Some comments/feedback:

(1) According to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/OODT+Push-Pull+User+Guide,
 use the Apache OODT Pushpull to crawl data files from
a remote server to the local machine [Failed, no data files downloaded at
all].
- This problem is not so urgent. Maybe I should use some ftp client tools,
e.g., FileZilla, to download data files in the remote ftp servers.

MY COMMENT: Please send me your PushPull directory zipped up. I will
take a look - Tyler can you also look?

(3) According to https://wiki.apache.org/nutch/IntranetDocumentSearch, use
the Apache Nutch and Solr to crawl and index local data files [Failed,
No data is indexed in Solr].
- This problem is not so urgent. Maybe this feature
only works for the Nutch 2.x. My Nutch version is 1.9. Also I could use
the OODT Crawler to ingest local files.

MY COMMENT: Please send me your nutch + solr directories, zipped up.
I will take a look.

(6) According to
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/Solr+File+Manager+Quick+St
art+Guide, integrate the Apache OODT File Manager
with the Apache Solr [Failed, No product information available in the
Solr].
- It doesn't work out. However, I could use (5) to integrate OODT File
Manager and the Solr.

MY COMMENT: Rishi, can you guys help Angela with OODT + Solr + FM? It¹s not
working for her.

Thanks!

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
University of Southern California